Greetings from Brazil - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Greetings from Brazil

I've been working down here for a couple weeks now just as the motorbiking season is getting started back home. Really sucks. There is tons of bikes down here. More bikes then cars I would say. Almost all 125's too. My translator said motorbikes are these peoples primary source of transportation since cars are too expensive for most people. They think I'm crazy to own a motorbike for entertainment purposes. I almost feel a little spoiled now. I miss my bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 07:46 AM

Answer is you will simply have to latch onto a sort of decent 125 for snorting around a bit.
Back in the late 40s we had anything from 98cc up to 1000cc though 350 & 500 was most popular. Still if a customer came in with a sick 250 (not a typo error for there were some 250s) up to a 1000 we handed him over a 'used' 125 two-stroke we had rebuilt for sale & that is what they would ride till we had their bike finished a few days or a few weeks later. Some even bought the "used" 125 they had been riding for a bike around town, to the coffee shop etc., & kept the 350 or higher for longer runs on the hwy.
From the above one can see in those days APPEARANCE was not important as to what one rode or how they looked --- such a change to these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode