heres a shocking poll - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: do you use your horn, and would it save you from an accident?
yes always. I think it would save you from and accident 43 27.56%
sometimes. I don't think it matters much 78 50.00%
never!! horns are useless 25 16.03%
umm, what's a horn and where can I buy one? 10 6.41%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

heres a shocking poll

how many of you wise guys actually use your hornson your bikes? also, how many think they would save incidents and accieents from acurring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 06:21 PM

I have used it when someone has started to come in my lane and they moved back over but I don't RELY on it.If someone starts to roll out into the intersection I lay on it but I am more concerned about evasive actions than playing a musical theme ,anyway, I still use it. I really want to hook up an air horn...
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 06:28 PM

I almost got run over by a truck backing up but my horn saved me that time. I know I was stupid for being right behind the truck but it was a wierd situation.... I have used it a few more times when cagers are moving into my path even though I move away at the same time. It probably scares the crap out of some drivers so I'll use the horn to make them aware of their ignorance.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 06:34 PM

heres a shocking prediction for you

Blackkaw-0.79 posts per day....kismet-710-4.29 posts per day you will be a forum moderator in less than a year! btw sorry I did'nt email you back ..been a hectic week.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 06:57 PM

I just use mine to scare cows.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 09:07 PM

Angry Blast them out of their comas

I personally use my horn and headlights a lot and it has saved my ass numerous times. If my bike has a poor horn I will immediately get an air horn fitted as the loud blast stops the bad drivers in their tracks. This really comes into play when you have a cell-phone user about to switch lanes whilst distracted. This happens every time I leave my house and the same goes for my car and van. I used to know a guy back in the ould sod who retrofitted an airhorn from a trawler, thats right, a freakin ship!! That thing would shake the fillings clean out of your head. He eventually got rid of it as he found it was actually causing accidents. I guess people thought a jumbo jet was about to crash land on their roof or something and the poor fools were swerving all over the place!!!! Daithi.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 09:59 PM

I use the horn when necessary, but it's still hard to hear these horns, they aren't really too loud. My horn actually broke about a month ago, I need to replace it...

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002, 10:16 PM

Shit I honked at my wife the other day on the freeway. We were side by side, her window was down and she didn't hear the horn, so I don't think bike horns are very effective. I will continue to use mine in the hopes it does it's job, but only in addition to other maneuvers, and not if it hinders those other maneuvers!!!
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 01:44 AM

Never

I use my high beam to cars at intersections I'm approaching. I used to use my horn until about a year ago when it went missing must have fallen off, I've looked for it but its just not there anymore. Got to get a replacement some day.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 05:04 AM

I use mine for the regular reasons, alerting cars I'm there, telling my kid to open the garage door, scaring pedestians, etc. The Blackbird has a pretty loud horn, for a bike, about the same as a car, but there's times when I'd really like more power, something that can really "reach out and touch someone".

Who sells airhorns for bikes, and how much?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode