Tell me about Ducati 998 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Tell me about Ducati 998

Hi Everyone, I am new here and new to sportbikes. I currently ride a 2001 Harley Road King 95"/cams powercomander and so on and am keeping that bike. I am no where near the typical Harley rider and love all bikes!
Anyway, I put down a refundable deposit on a new Ducati 998. I have been searching for info about Ducati and some have said they are not reliable. What's the real truth?
I would consider other bikes like the Honda RC51, CBR954RR and Yamaha R1 but the bike has to be a 2 seater so let the opinions roll! My 95 lbs wife will ride on the back sometimes. I will use my sport bike for cruising around town, bike nights and the curvey roads behind my neighborhood. The Road King will be for all day riding and trips. I am 6'5" tall 250lbs. I actually fit on the Ducati 998 and my legs did not fit on the Aprilia Mille because of the gas tank cut outs for my legs.
I am going to the Honda and Yamaha dealer today to check out there bikes too.
Tell me everything!!!!
Thanks, Mike C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 05:27 AM

If you got it, spend it! It's a beautiful bike that must be well maintained. Along with oil and fluids regularly you must have the valves adjusted about every 6000. My girlfriend rides on my all the time and although it's alot for the wrists to handle. It's a great handling bike with im sure enough power with a drawback that parts can be a hassle to get within a short amount of time. And when your bikes warms up your legs/ankles will roast from the exhaust-after all that i wouldnt trade mine for the world.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Nickelli, thanks for the reply. I am very good and picky with maintance like fluid changes and have the ability to do them myself. I would leave the 6000 mile service and valves do at the dealer. I have heard people say the bike gets a little hot to some say it's down right unbearable. My Harley TC88 get damn hot too so maybe it will not be so bad! Huh?
Mike C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode