Long week-end in Canada. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Long week-end in Canada.

Raining in many areas & a lot of rear ending by cage drivers. Know of at least two m/cist that have gone done in this veryarea, so it will be interesting to see how many all across Cdn made it though unscathed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 06:50 PM

i made it through
but i also picked my times to be out knowing of all the drunken idiots out there
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

F4iBaby: Good thinking upon your part.

Fortunately I am retired (not good in the fact that my good yrs of riding are of the past) so I really can choose my days.
I skip each Sunday as I open up the Gun Range & am in-charge all day as a director-instructor, so my volunteer bit to keep the range in shape for all forms of safe shooting.
Saturdays are usually grunt runs, but then bar any Stat Monday holiday I have the rest of the week to ride.
I tend to stay clear of crowds, or carnivals or anything like festivals which are fairly common here in my area. Also I know that at least a mtn bike or racing bikes with "tubs" at least once a month so work my way around that group & we all get along well since we are two wheeled people.
As you say it is the drunks & crazy drivers out there. I simply do NOT want to be taken down again as I ride my 600 or 929.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 10:08 AM

Light snow and cold all weekend, I didn't even go out fishing and the bike is still in the house, hopefullly we get some sun soon.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

RA20R: From reports it looks as if----

---many parts of Ontario will receive sunny weather while we are still plagued with rain in most of the southern parts of B.C.
Mind you the L-O-N-G week-end here was basically rained in. This really is a strange yr for the log books on my bikes shows I was putting a lot of milage on my bikes in '01 from mid-March & this time it was mid-April before I rolled out & milage is way down. Not that I have lost the enthusiasm, but simply because of COLD & lousy weather.
Even at the gym all are griping about all the rain ---------- still better then some of the flooding in other parts of B.C. I would not want to be an orchardist again with this screw-up in weather, but have gone through several winters where I actually lost most of my fruit trees back in 1965 & '67 due to COLD winters & one could hear the bark cracking on the trees!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 08:11 PM

Today (wednesday..22nd.) its finally nice again ! What a bad weekend we had It was too cold here for any good riding so I didn't go out at all. But today was GREAT so I was out all morning before I had to work at 3pm. But on the way to work I got pulled over for going 116 in an 80 But the cop was cool and only gave me a fine for having expired insurance papers. The speed ticket would have been a very bad thing for my insurance. He has a 2000 ZX 9 so I'm sure that helped me out a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode