I crashed - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

I crashed

Lunchtime I took my bike out to Patterson rd just to go for an easy ride through the curves.I did'nt have my jacket or gloves on and was taking it easy .Then I started taking them fasterand was approaching the last curve before the straitaway (about 70mph.)when some lovebugs got into my helmet.I took my eyes off the road and looked at them inside my visor. when I looked back up I was too late to turn in,plus a car was in the other lane cominng toward me.I hit the brakes skidded off the road.just missing a telephone pole and went through a barb wire fence.then my bike flipped .After realising my legs were ok I picked her up and she fired right up.I gave it a lookover and took it a gas station.Then I rode it home.After x-rays.. my left foot is severely sprained but not broken!Ireally think Iwas so close to the pole that(as I went by it) my left foot got wedged between the pole and the heel protecter on the rearsets.It was bent into thechainguard touching the chain.I had on steeltoe work boots.I can't wait to get back on and go for a ride, but cause it was my fault,If these mental lapses continue. I might be better off not riding anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Damage report

damage

Last edited by blackkaw; 05-18-2002 at 06:41 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 08:26 AM

Unhappy Ouch!

Get well soon!

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 08:33 AM

how did lovebugs get in your helmet? well anyway don't worry about it, keep riding
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

had my visor cracked open a little
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:02 AM

um, don't crack your visor again, did your helmet have vents on it, if not get one like that., or carry bug spray with you and give a squirt or two evry now and again
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:28 AM

Tough one, lucky you, stupid you ---

---so get the bike corrected to perfection, do not ride for a day, soak in all that happened AND then get back to riding with the above ERRORS in mind.
I have had hornets get through the top part of my jacket & sting the 'ell out of me (14 welts to my torso from their stings), but I still managed to pull off the road & strip down right to the waist.
STUPIDLY during a hornet season I had the bottom slit of the visor open in town (so speeds at or below the speed limit) & one came in by accident & was partially stunned SO once again I pulled off the road & carefully removed my glasses & finally the helmet.
One of your wrong doings was NOT pulling off to the side of the road. Consider yourself still alive or not paralized for life.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentNEKO
um, don't crack your visor again, did your helmet have vents on it, if not get one like that., or carry bug spray with you and give a squirt or two evry now and again
Huh? WTF is bug spray gonna do when he's at 70 mph?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:35 AM

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Glad you're basically OK. Dont give up on riding. ALWAYS wear your gear; you can get hurt on an "easy" ride just as quick as on a fast ride.

The easiest lessons to remember are the ones that hurt.

Ken
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 09:41 AM

Shame about the mishap

You'll feel it more tommorow and then there's the tetanus shot get that in the arm that hurts the most... lucky you missed the pole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode