2003 zx7r - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Angry 2003 zx7r

Ok, when the hell are they going to change the looks of this thing? The ZX7-R has looked the exact same since 95. Thats almost 10 years. I want a 7, I don't want a gixxer, and I really don't want the insurance of a 900, or 1000. I live in NJ so insurance is a big deal when looking for a new bike. Has anyone heard anything about the big change? I've heard that they will be redesigning in 03' Any pics, or inside info? I'm about to give up and just get the 954.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:31 AM

Just get the 954 and be done with it!!

Mike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:34 AM

Re: 2003 zx7r

Quote:
Originally posted by torkfien
Ok, when the hell are they going to change the looks of this thing? The ZX7-R has looked the exact same since 95. Thats almost 10 years. I want a 7, I don't want a gixxer, and I really don't want the insurance of a 900, or 1000. I live in NJ so insurance is a big deal when looking for a new bike. Has anyone heard anything about the big change? I've heard that they will be redesigning in 03' Any pics, or inside info? I'm about to give up and just get the 954.
I wouldn't hold my breath...although Kawi and Suz have said they will not merge the two bike lines (since they have already merged several other divisions), I'm betting that within 5 years, they'll reverse that. The 7 is a great bike, no question, but if you're waiting for improvements, you might be a while.

Either go with the ZX-9 or move to another brand, cause I don't see Kawi changing the 7 line any time soon (regardless of the rumors)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 08:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
I could be terribly mistaken, but I've heard that the ZX-7 is going to be discontinued. Mostly due to tendencies towards 600cc or 1000cc bikes.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 08:48 AM

I had a chance to talk to Al Ludington at VRI last year for about 15 minutes. Since I have a ZX-7R I had a particular interest in finding out what the status of any forthcoming changes would be.

The impression I got from him was that Kawasaki was waiting to find out what was going to happen with the WSBK and AMA tech specs in2003/4. If the rules are indeed changed to allow 1000cc displacement regardless of cylinder numbers Kawasaki will most likely abandon the manufactur of the 7R. Instead they would focus on the 6 and 9.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Oh well, I was kinda hoping the rumers were legit. I am a huge fan of Honda bikes, so if I can't get a 7 (thats not a gixer) I guess I'm back to the RC51/954 debate... I still love my F4i, but I find myself too comfortable on it. I throw it around like a Huffy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode