Buying new tires - suggestions ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Buying new tires - suggestions ?

Wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions regarding tires. I want great grip, medium mileage tires. I have a 748 ducati that currently has Pirelli supercorsa. I like these tires but I am also considering Metzeler Ren Sport, Dunlop D207 or any other tires ? If any of you have used some particular tires and are really happy with them let me know I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:17 AM

Thumbs up

I just got the D207's on the Ninja, and I have to say they're awesome... a totally different feel, and the grip is awesome... since they're new, I can't tell ya about wear.

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Founder

How hard do you ride?

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:13 AM

After reading so MANY good comments on the new Metzler sportec M1 i had to try them out for myself. WOW These tires are awesome! Much better feel from day 1 then my 207 sports, easy break-in, warm up fast, lean friendly, decent mileage depending on rider[4-5k by word of mouth, i have yet to find out], and for a good price. Heres the link to 1 thread we had going on another forum that i participate in.

http://www.esportbike.com/cgi-bin/ww...vc=1#Post41817
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 04:25 AM

Cool

There has been a debate over the last year between the 207's and the Michelen Pilot Sports....Last year at this time everyone was saying that the 207's were the way to go, (that was the same time that the Trust Your Tires ad campaign came out). This year all the same people that I talk to are reversing and saying that the Pilot sports are the best. I started with the sports and last month blew out my rear tire on a nail. So, now I have a 207 on the rear (feels a little softer than the pilot) and a pilot on the front.....I have yet to break either of them loose.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 06:18 AM

I found this article, Sport Rider Sept. 2001 - Ultimate Tyre Test. They seemed to like the Bridgestone BT010's. I'm currently running Dunlop 207's and don't have any complaints.

J
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 10:47 PM

I've been running 207's (street compound) and the only complaint that I have is the mileage. Usually about 2k max.
Last week I put a set of BT-010's on and so far I am very pleased.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 11:09 PM

First off..the Supercorsa's, and Rennsports are the "SAME" tire, except different tread patterns..and I love em..I had 207's..and Pilot's..both the Pilots, and Supercorsa's tip over way faster.. ..The Pilots take a while to warm up, and although they work swell in the wet..they just don't have the grip, and handleing that the Supercorsa's do..the Pilots seem to run wide, the Supercorsa's go where ya want, and they warm up much quicker.. If your running the street compound, and you ride pretty hard, as in doing track days ect..you might consider geting the SC2's..soft race compound.. Or try a SC2 in front, with a street in the rear..it really comes down to how ya ride..

Oh..and these tires won't last very long..at all.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the Tire info

Thanks for all of the responses and it gives me something to go by as far as tires are concerned.
I'll be buying tires soon and then look at !!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 06:08 PM

I have D207's on my ninja ZX6-E, I think they are great after warm up( most tires) and they are priced reasonbly!!

Ride Well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode