anybody wit info on 2003 RC51? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Post anybody wit info on 2003 RC51?

the 51 has been around three years now, and per some ppls opinions including mine, they would have changed the loook of the rc51 by now no?

i actually love the look of the Rc51, but they usually change things like this, wit the exception of ducati, that i know of,

but does anyone know what the plans are for this bike? change? or will they discontinue it, if im not wrong they only had to mass produce it for 2 years to race it in certain class right? any spy photos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 06:38 PM

It is too early for that news. If I had to guess, the only major thing that will be done is probably the colors since Honda is taking a beating for not changing the US sceme. It is possible that there will not be an 03 RC but if the market is still there then the bikes probably will be but the Superbike rules are likely to change and end the RC's competiveness.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 07:29 PM

Re: anybody wit info on 2003 RC51?

Quote:
Gixxerboy wrote:
does anyone know what the plans are for this bike?
The RC51 has been updated moderately for '02. The June issues of both Cycle World and Motorcyclist report on it. Throttle bodies grew from 54 to 62mm and now deliver fuel via a multitude of small, laser-drilled nozzles (as does the 954). The bike's uneven low-speed throttle response has been eliminated according to Motorcyclist. The chassis has also been upgraded, with changes to structure, geometry, rear suspension, and brakes. The Cycle World comparo (vs. the 998 and Mille R) concludes that the RC51 is "the most affordable, the most powerful and the easiest to ride fast." Then they choose the Mille R as the winner because--well, because they're Cycle World and the RC51 is a Honda.

World Superbike will allow 1000cc fours in 2004, rendering the liter twins obsolete. So Honda won't have any reason to continue building it beyond '03. If they do build an '03, it will likely be the same as the '02. If you want an RC51, now's the time to get one.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: anybody wit info on 2003 RC51?

Quote:
Originally posted by DataDan

World Superbike will allow 1000cc fours in 2004, rendering the liter twins obsolete. So Honda won't have any reason to continue building it beyond '03. If they do build an '03, it will likely be the same as the '02. If you want an RC51, now's the time to get one.

this is what i thought, and maybe honda will revamp the RC51 to be a lot more competitive in the next two years, to be able to run with liter bikes, but anyhow.. if they dont, then now is really a time to get one, as they will become "obsolete"

gotta get one i think.....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:05 AM

blah blah blah.. blah blah... buy one already!

Because you might see this before i speak with you next..

http://www.esportbike.com/cgi-bin/ww...collapsed&sb=5

But with what datadan has said about the changes you may want to just get an 02.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by NemesisCBR
blah blah blah.. blah blah... buy one already!

Because you might see this before i speak with you next..

http://www.esportbike.com/cgi-bin/ww...collapsed&sb=5

But with what datadan has said about the changes you may want to just get an 02.
patience is a virtue my son.... the longer you wait to brake, the farther off the road you go..

and you end up with good bikes doing your research..

and hell, 9800 for a used bike? if i get an 02 10500 otd the, i'd still rather pay the extra '"tax" for the updates..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode