Insurance!!!!???? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Insurance!!!!????

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good (I mean inexpensive) company to go through? I am 23 yrs old with a few tickets and am getting some pretty outrageous quotes. I am with Progressive and they want almost 1900/yr for my 1996 CBR600F3. This seems high to me, but maybe it is in the ballpark?? Please let me know;

1. What kind of bike - year, model, size
2. Your age
3. Driving record
4. What you pay, and who you are with

Allstate wanted 250/month!! So any tips are useful, even if I just find out that Progressive isn't so bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 05:42 PM

it depends on what kind of coverage, im a 21 year old Male with just basic liability for about 125 a yr through progressive on my 98 900RR, i had quotes as high as 3500 for liability though, shop around, i do know tickets absolutely kill you. try getting some points off your liscence in a drivers school, or see if they give lower fares for a MSF course

good luck
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 05:43 PM

I ride a '99 Bandit 1200s that is insured through State Farm. I currently only carry liability. I have a clean driving record and I'm 41 years old (how did that happen!). Anyway, the libility only runs me about $35.00 for six months. For full coverage they want about $180.00 for six months. I imagine it's more for something like a cbr. I'll see if I can find out and I'll let you know.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 05:49 PM
jrm

$60/month for full coverage on my 98 F3 with zero tickets.

I am DAMN glad I don't have to pay what some of you guys are getting tagged with. I think driving record, age and state you live in are the main determinating factors.

$1900/year is like buying a new F4 every 4 years ON TOP OF buying the bike you want to actually ride!

OW
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 06:37 PM

Wow... some of you guys have insane cheap insurance.

for the 2001 VTR 1000 Firestorm , its costing me 1,800$
and I've been driving for 6 years. 2 speeding tickets. thats it.
keep in mind, 1,800 CDN... thats maybe 1000-1100$ US. per year.

my monthly payment is 158$ .
Full coverage. (flying objects, fire , 1mil, etc)

l8r.
Jay.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 07:39 PM

state farm

i've made this poist about 4 times now, but it always helps so...

no tickets, no violations, have my vw golf insured with state farm(only trick they get you with, you have to have your automobile insured with them too)
quoted on the 2002 Yamaha R6 i'm getting this weekend: $322/yr, roughly $26.66/mnth full coverage (financed)
this is a NJ insurance quote also..
they quote you on year and size of bike(ie. cc class)

hope this is of some help
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 07:58 PM

I'm 26, clean record and I have state farm, bike only, didnt need to have a car there too. I just renewed for $158.00 for 6 months. Full coverage with uninsured motorist, high medical, and 250 deductables, ect....Good luck and I hope you can get a good deal on state farm or ???
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 08:02 PM
UFO

You guys do realize that State Farm is starting to shut down new bike policies in parts of the country because "the secret is out" in the sportbike community.

If they start cancelling existing policies and I get a letter, I'm going to find all you guys and do burnouts on your heads. LOL!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UFO
You guys do realize that State Farm is starting to shut down new bike policies in parts of the country because "the secret is out" in the sportbike community.

If they start cancelling existing policies and I get a letter, I'm going to find all you guys and do burnouts on your heads. LOL!
Yep, state farm turned me down completely...and I have a clean driving record. Their loss; now my money is elsewhere.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 08:11 AM

Unhappy Re: Insurance!!!!????

Quote:
Originally posted by NevadaF3
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good (I mean inexpensive) company to go through? I am 23 yrs old with a few tickets and am getting some pretty outrageous quotes. I am with Progressive and they want almost 1900/yr for my 1996 CBR600F3. This seems high to me, but maybe it is in the ballpark?? Please let me know;

1. What kind of bike - year, model, size
2. Your age
3. Driving record
4. What you pay, and who you are with

Allstate wanted 250/month!! So any tips are useful, even if I just find out that Progressive isn't so bad.
Your not taken it deep alone NevadaF3. They got me bent over too man. I'm 30 w/1 speeding ticket in Arizona and the cheapest I've come up with was Allstate, $1205 for 6 months on a 2001 CBR929RR and that's the bare minimum full coverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode