Parts411.com SUX A$$!!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Angry Parts411.com SUX A$$!!!!!!!!!

I wish I was closer to San Gabriel, California right now. I would become an arsonist. I spent so long on the phone with Parts411.com in the past few weeks getting parts for a bike I'm working on, and then they send me the wrong parts. I was ok with that...it was an unexpected delay, but hey, everyone can make mistakes.

I send the stuff back to get the proper parts, wait an extra week, and lo and behold, here comes a box full of the wrong parts again. Now, at least they were DIFFERENT wrong parts, but wrong none the less. I think I have never been this angry. It sux to have the right side of an engine torn off with parts all over the place, only to find out that you don't have the right stuff to replace it with. I will never deal with them again, except to return this stuff and get my money back. SCREW PARTS411.com...!!! GRRRRRRR

P.S. As an aside, this is partly my fault.I should have stopped all correspondence with them when I realized that I had asked for a certain gasket and the reason the guy couldn't find it was because he was looking for a "gas kit". I told him to "spell what you're looking for". When he did, I almost died laughing. What a knob!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 05:52 AM

Re: Parts411.com SUX A$$!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha

P.S. As an aside, this is partly my fault.I should have stopped all correspondence with them when I realized that I had asked for a certain gasket and the reason the guy couldn't find it was because he was looking for a "gas kit". I told him to "spell what you're looking for". When he did, I almost died laughing. What a knob!!!
Sounds like parts411 is all about quality.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 07:33 AM

Re: Parts411.com SUX A$$!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CBR Brutha

If he finds that "gas kit" can you ask him what it does? That's too funny! I think at that point I would be pullin hair/

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 08:07 AM

I am sorry, but we are laughing at----

your 'gasket' - 'gas kit'. My gosh, but that is a doozer.
As a Cdn in Cdn & brought up with the British wording, though Brit m/c mags, British m/c makers, same with the parts manuals being of British wording, dealers & breakers I worked with plus my two partners were Brits as well as our head-mechanic ----- will I had no problem with their 'words' for after all a mudguard is exactly that, but if I ordered from a dealer here in Cdn or the States they would be looking for some for of a flap as you people call them a 'fender'.
True I do not say 'sparking plug' but do say spark plug, spanner or wrench, gudgion pin instead of wrist or piston pin & a torch to me is a light.
Anyway I believe you have come out with a valuable point as to how one spells & pronounces an items.
For the screw-up in parts well that is part of life & I hope things come out properly.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 05:03 PM

can you please re-word that? That's confusing as hell! SMITTY
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 05:11 PM

Crazeecooter ---------

------- do you also want me to tell you how it is to try & ride m/cs with left or right hand twist grips, to left or right hand gear change levers as well ? LOL
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 10:16 AM

I must agree! I had nearly an identical experience with them!!!

The story:

I had just got my R1. I wanted a K&N Airfilter, a Muzzy slipon, a Factory jet kit, and frame sliders for the bike. Actually, I didn't really "want" the jet kit, but thought I may need one with the mods I was doing... was going to try to get away w/ not jetting for now though.

I called them on the phone first and verified that all parts were in stock. "IN STOCK" meaning "YOU'VE GOT MY SH*T AND WILL SHIP IT WHEN I ORDER IT".

So I place my order. The sales person just adds a jet kit on the order... I didn't even request it... it was just added. He told me my total and I was like "dude, that's like $100 too high" and then he tells me "oh, well you'll need a jet kit when you put your other mods on so I just added one". How rude. Oh well, guess I need one, so I ordered it. I also specifically asked about delivery, and if a signature would be required, as I work the hours UPS shows up. They tell me no problem, no sig required.

3 days later I come home to a stickey note on my door "delivery attempt... sig required". Dammit! So I call UPS and jump through a bunch of hoops. I drive all the way accross town to pick up my package, and I'm told the truck isn't back yet, they'll send the driver by my house again. Dammit! I drive all the way back home. Driver shows up with a teeeeney little box. No F'n way there is a pipe in that box.

Turns out the box had the filter, the WRONG sliders, and the WRONG jet kit. I check into it, and I'm easily able to modify the sliders to work, and find out that even though the jet kit I got was for a different bike (some 90's honda I think... anyway) the jets and needles will work (had to call Factory Pro directly to verify this). I call Parts.411 and ask where the hell my pipe is. "Oh, we were out of stock, so we passed your order on to Muzzy and they will drop ship it directly" ... so I take it you DID'NT have the sh*t in stock... even though I asked.

About 3 or 4 days later I get another note from UPS and go through the same BS again to get my package. It's the pipe. The right one too.... believe it or not.

Turns out I don't need the jet kit now. I verify w/ Muzzy. Just need to shim my needles. Call Parts.411 back a day or two after getting my order. Tell them I'm returning the jet kit. Fuggen 25% restocking fee!! That's $25 PLUS return shipping!!! I tell them the sales guy put it on there w/out even telling me then insisted I needed it, though muzzy said I didn't. Return phone chick says "Well, even still, you could have insisted he take it back off your order, so you got it of your own free will, and therefore, you are responsible for restocking fee". Whatever. Screw it.

So I send it back w/ a note of my name, original order number, name of credit card used, and the amount (75% of original order) I expect to get a credit back for. I ship it and save the tracking number.

It is now TWO MONTHS LATER and they still have not credited my damn credit card back!! I am still dealing with them over that. Either send the damn kit back, or credit my friggen card. Ongoing battle..... starting to get into the realm of requiring legal action.

Don't do business w/ them. Pay a few bucks more and order from Knee Draggers. They were great to work with when I ordered my Scotts damper.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 02:53 PM

Guess I was lucky!!

I ordered a slip on pipe and frame sliders and had no problems at all.(that was 2 separate orders). I didn't even have to spell it out!! ha,ha!sounds like they now have different personnel from when I ordered.won't be using them anymore )

Last edited by blackkaw; 05-07-2002 at 03:00 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:04 AM

Just got my new two brothers slip on from 411parts.com. They said that it would be ready to pick-up two days ago, but was not ready until a day later. If you can wait and not be too excited to get the part, then it is worth the savings. BTW it sounds good.

I think they have a lack of communication problem at that company.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 11:09 AM

I gotta say I've ordered all kinds of stuff from them (prolly 5 or 6 orders now), and I've never had any problems....The biggest thing, is I know exactly what I want and I order it online...

As far as in stock? I doubt they have anything "In Stock"...not many online retailers do.....they are usually on a Just in Time inventory basis to keep down on overhead. It's usually very efficient.

Sorry you guys have had a couple of bad dealings with them, but I'd certainly recommend them to other people...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode