someone tell me it will all be ok - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

someone tell me it will all be ok

Some shithead backed over my brand new, two month old, less than 2000 miles, SV650 tonight. I was in a dance club, came out and noticed my bike was parked at a different angle. The damage, I think it is less than it would have been. I left it in gear when I parked it, so when they backed into her, the first scratched the pipe, and must have caught the bumper on the rear brake pedal. It was twisted into a lower angle, but not broken. The bike fell over onto the left side, balanced on the kick stand and the rear of the bike. So almost no damage to the front, beside small scratches on the mirror and left brake lever. The back end is the worst of it (I hope) broken left signal. scratched rear fairing, and the toe catch on the kick stand in bent all to hell. I did have the disk lock on the front, but it doesn't look like it moved or damaged anything. But I'm freaking out, I think the forks look out of alignment, feels like the brakes might be catching some where. Just imagining it I'm sure. She rode fine, had her up to 80+ with no difference in the handleing.

So if the forks are fine and a rotor isn't bent, any idea how much the cosmetic damage will cost?

Now because there had to have been alot of witnesses, or hopefully because they are actually a nice person, they did leave a note and phone number. I'll call tomorrow when I'm not seeing red anymore. Hopefully everything will work out. I'm going to have the dealer go over it with a fine tooth comb, and everything is going to be fixed, at the guilty parties expence, one way or another.

I could cry... there wasn't a scratch on her when I left her, and some shit raped my poor baby...

****ity************!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 01:23 AM

It will all be OK
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 01:25 AM

Couldnt resist sorry! But you did ask.
At least they left contact details hope that they are so keen to write a big cheque for the repairs. Good Luck in getting your baby repaired

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 09:51 AM

It will be ok! You got there number. Thats amazing that they did, most people wouldnt do that. Just make them pay to fix everything.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 10:10 AM

It will all be ok too....

Hey, dont be too mad at them. It was obviously an accident and you have to realize how hard it is to leave a info. note...

I once hit some dudes front bumber with my boat trialer and it was the hardest damn thing to leave a note knowing the damage was gonna cost me dearly.... It ended up being $900 bucks and the guy was still a jerk about it....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 02:07 PM

Exclamation IT WON'T BE OK!!!!!

Just watch... the man that did this to your baby will have given you a wrong number so you'll end up calling Thailand. Or if he did give you his real #, the check he writes you will bounce higher than a whore hyped up on crack on a pogo stick. not being pessimistic just keeping you on your toes...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 02:19 PM

The person left a number, that's a good start for it to be all ok.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

insurance

I doubt he has insurance, he would have left a name and a number, not just some pager. If is isn't a fake number, he(she), is going to have to deal with my insurance company, not me. I'm covering my ass, to hell with being a nice guy. That bike didn't have a scratch on it, that moron was probably drunk, the bike was under a streetlight, in the last parking spot near the corner of the block. He would have had to have been blind not to see it. You drink, you mess up, you pay. Only in this day and age would someone actually be given praise for doing the right and honorable thing. As far as I'm concerned, him paying for every cent to fix the bike without a hassle will get him cudos, and only then.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 03:13 PM

Hope the name & 'phone number is correct ----

---- that he has insurance & will accept the damages.
Probably as good as it sounds. Still one never can tell. Some yrs ago I had put a lot of money into tuning the forks only some woman back up on the bike at the local post office & it stayed up, but I noted something was wrong with the forks.
Fortunately her insurance covered the costs which actually ended up with new fork legs & such. The police also found out she only had a normal drivers license & working for the hospital transporting people to hospital & back home again. She needed a Class 4 license & from then on all she drove was a normal car without the Hospital logo on it!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode