Frame Sliders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Smile Frame Sliders

I need help finding frame sliders for a YZF600r. I'm not having much luck.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 12:43 PM

They must be around for the bike is still being built. I have them on my '97 YZF600r, but did not get them till last spring. There was a bit of confusion over this bike & the R6 so I counted on the Yamaha shop to bring in the correct ones & they did.
The bike was knocked over just last week & it has hit the pavement once before in the same manner.
Of interest the damage was minor this time as right signal light obtained some scratching, as did a bit of the mirror, the frame saver has its marks & the can took a bit of a hit closer to where it shapes into the pipe size.
Prior was somewhat the same only the lower part of the fairing was scratched along with a bit of the crankcase.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 12:46 PM

Arrow

I'd contact Intuitive. I'm sure they can set you up.

http://www.inturace.com/default.htm

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 06:47 PM

do frame sliders really work on minimizing damage ? and what are the going prices? i've seen some from around $48.00 to about $58.00 for my r6.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkmanTy
do frame sliders really work on minimizing damage ? and what are the going prices? i've seen some from around $48.00 to about $58.00 for my r6.
yea they really do

A dealer that i took my bike to once did a low speed drop on my right side, it damaged the upper, broke mirror off, rashed bar end, bent brake lever and pedal, rashed side faring and rashed the can where it connects to the pipe.

i ended up getting in a crash when avoiding a car, and ended up hitting parallel to a curb at about 20-25, bike slid down the slide walk about 30 feet maybe, only a little rash in the center of the right side, same rash on pipe, no damage to upper or mirror, handle bar end didnt even touch ground, brake lever got bent slightly as did the pedal, only damge that was unique to my crash was that the curb put a rash line down the bottom of the fairing and lower connecting peice.

i was so glad i got my sliders, i had even got bar end sliders, but they werent really needed, but they may help at high speeds and they look pretty cool, not to mention free due to dealer crash. only thing that really pissed me off was i got a free Yosh pipe out the deal with the dealer and i love it, its just now rashed.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:30 AM

JWSYZF... My girl works at the YAMAHA dealer and ordered me a set of sliders for an '02MY. These are the black ones. She got the set from "Parts Unlimited".
They come with a new set of bolts that go right in the factory holes on the bike. I have seen some bigger, and I have seen some smaller. I think they are more than worth their cost to you.

Your local dealer must place the order. I bet they can order up a set for you. Good luck. Here's the parts for your model year bike.

2002 # LPR2B $69.95
2001 and older PFP-100K $49.95

Last edited by YZF600R Guy; 05-14-2002 at 10:33 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkmanTy

I can tell you from seeing someone drop an R6 at the track that they do work. I didn't see the crash, but the bike was in the dirt to the side of the track, and the rider was still on the track after crashing. His tailsection was ripped, but the upper and lower on the same side were only scratched. Frame sliders are a great investment, IMO.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the help guys, I found the frame sliders at http://www.inturace.com/default.htm for 54.95. I got them in about 4 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode