LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

This is Sick

http://www.off-road.com/vw/enviro/efdm.html#HOW

this is unbellievable but true
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 03:25 PM

These friggin eco-terrorists piss me off.

Being a motorcyclist, a snowmobiler, an ATVer, and,well, an auto technician, its nice to know that a large amount of the population absolutely hates me.

I help build and maintain trails for hikers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and all forms of motorized recreation. I love and respect the environment more than any one of the "environmental fanatics" ever could.

When on the trails, please adhere to the policies of Tread Lightly.

Join and support the BlueRibbon Coalition, protecting our rights to use public lands.

Pardon my ranting, but that pisses me off.

Ken
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 04:02 PM

Does make one sick that some people will dream this up.

Mind you I have been subject to #13 some yrs ago. I was at an Observed Trials event & some of us getting into the mood, after checking the numerous sections.
I wandered off a bit when suddenly something happened. Seems someone had strung barb wire from tree to tree. Now staning up on the footrests I took it in the chest, then up to my neck & remember the bike going forward, but upside down for a Trials rider is not gripping the bars the strongly, butt not glued to the saddle, etc bike Y I simply parted with ease.
Others rushed to me, having seen some of it, & I was patched up. This was set in an ideal position to tear into the neck of an Enduro, Cross Country, MX or normal up in the hills rider as they ride, most of the time sitting down ------- not an Observed Trials rider.
Police were called & it was a deliberate attempt to possibly capitavitate or badly injure a m/cist, but nothing could be done.
I would not go to the hospital, insisting I would ride, but when discussing some of the sections & I could not even remember them -------- I was not allowed to compete & for good reeason.
In other areas I came across the same in prior yrs & just accidently spotted the barb wire in time ------ I am talking about back in the mid-50s & above incident was in '74. I feel the barb wire was aimed at MX or Enduro bikes as they make a lot of noise while a Trials bike is with a proper muffled system & with universal tyres & NOT knobbies we do NOT tear up the terrain for after all a Trials rider does NOT want the r/wheel to spin.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 04:10 PM

Sorry for the typo errors -------

------ I was trying to get it down, how it was set-up, etc. Failed to check over at the final so my error.
Still seeing that Trials iron going on, upside down & rear end lst was a real eye-opener. I was hacked from chest to my neck. NOTE Observed Trials riders do NOT wear protective gear bar cloth like pants with a bit of padding in them, simply jersy on top, partial open face helmet to allow us to cool off when struggling to handle the bike as slow speeds & not put a foot to the ground, along with lightly padded gloves.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 12:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to UndrTkrCd Send a message via Yahoo to UndrTkrCd
Angry Unbelievable!

I simply can't believe that jerk! He obviously has too much time on his hands.

WHY in the WORLD would someone sit around and formulate and actually impliment ways to "preferably break bones" and possibly decapitate riders by means of booby-traps, and PURPOSELY try to hurt a HUMAN, because of a bike?

Bikers are Eco-Terrorists, eh?? Enemy Soldiers, huh? Oh, realllllllly? So what does that make this guy? A freakin' masochist sick bastard who gets pure enjoyment from the thought of injuring others, that's what.

There's land around here that 3-wheel, 4-wheel, off-road bike and whatnot riders frequent freely, and regularly (and I'm one of them). NEVER has any land owner (and I'm one of them) gone to any of, nor would I encourage or condone, such extremes!

Yes, the whole idea is sick. I say put him on a bike and make him ride his own track. I can't believe he actually has a following.

Ok, I'm pissed too, now. What a *&^%$#! K..I'm done.

CD
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 01:03 PM

Having competed in Enduros & Cross Country events this is not like an MX circuit or Observed Trials sections yet later can also run into the crazie people.
So the organizers of said major events have had trouble for simply AGES.
A maze of people that are against m/cists or anyone using what they feel is THEIR FORESTS yet in actual fact it will be Crown Land or land of others that have given the organizers the permission to use.
So many of these ----what one might now call "terrorists" (sort of like that fitting word) are so-called upstanding people with this kink about THEIR FORESTS or Land. The same people are also driving cages & still dislike m/cists, ATVs, & snowmobilers.
It is against the law to lay out such traps yet said upstanding citizens will do it & get away with it.
I have looked at this closer then most for I practiced & competed in the hills from '45 till '89 basically 3 or 4 times a week.
Have you ever been shot at? Well something I learned was to NEVER hit the hills during hunting seeason for someone can be high on drugs or liquor & think it is funny shooting at a rider BESIDES they do not like us scaring off their game!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode