MP3 Player - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

MP3 Player

I am considering getting an MP3 player for use on my bike. I don't consider it much more of a risk since I really can't hear much after wind noise and my Muzzy exhaust. Does anyone else have any opinions on this? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 07:34 AM

here in Cali, there is a law that states that the use of headphones while driving is ilegal. (wonder what they would say about those of us who wear earplugs??) that being said..... I took apart a set of the old style over the head earphones and put the ear pieces under the lining on my helmet so that they are centered over my ears. now i am not wearing earphones so I am in compliance with the law. I use a CD player that has 90 seconds ESP. it dont skip to much unless I get going over say 100.

I right now trying to find a good small MP3 player that I can put in the cocpit of my Duc so my tunes wont skip at ALL! The only thing I require on it is that it take either SmartMedia cards or Compact Flash and be able to support 128meg or more. that way I can use the mem cards from my digi cam!!

Mike
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 08:03 AM

Exclamation

I used to do this. It worked very well. I bought a 64 meg player, and it wasn't real big, so I attached velcro to it and to the triple clamp of my bike. Then I'd run the wire to my ear-plug style headphones up my jacket and into my helmet. It cancelled out almost all the wind noise and made longs rides on boring stretches much more enjoyable.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nipplebandit45
I right now trying to find a good small MP3 player that I can put in the cocpit of my Duc so my tunes wont skip at ALL
MP3 players are solid state bro...they don't skip. Not that I've tried them all or anywhere near it, but the ones I've experienced and the ones my friends have owned were always skip-free unless there was an error in the MP3 file itself.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 10:18 AM

MY ADVICE TO YOU WOULD BE NOT TO USE THE MP3 PLAYER WHILE RIDING. BUT JUST BECAUSE IT'S NOT FOR ME DOSN'T MEAN YOU WOULDN'T ENJOY IT. SO IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD PLAYER TRY THE SONY NW-MS11 NETWORK WALKMAN. THE WALKMAN USES A MEMORY STICK WITH 240 MINS. OF TIME ON IT. THE MENORY STICK ALSO WORKS WITH ALOT OF SONYS AUDIO & VIDEO PRODUCTS. IT ALSO COMES WITH A USB CORD TO PLUG INTO YOUR PC FOR DOWNLOADS.

GOOD LUCK
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 12:04 PM

Um, yea. I know that MP3 players wont skip. that is why I want one. Like I said in my first post, I currently use a CD player with ESP. and it does skip.

as to the Sony products.... Im sure that they are good, but I preferr to get something that would utilize the memory formats thatI already use. SmartMedia and compact flash. that way I dont have to go out and buy a whole new set up. I already have 3 128meg sticks in both media formats for my cameras, as well as a universal USB reader that is just plug and play with my memory cards. To much hassle tring to keep 3 types of memory around. Heck I get frustrated with two!

Mike
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by REDR6
MY ADVICE TO YOU WOULD BE NOT TO USE THE MP3 PLAYER WHILE RIDING. BUT JUST BECAUSE IT'S NOT FOR ME DOSN'T MEAN YOU WOULDN'T ENJOY IT. SO IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A GOOD PLAYER TRY THE SONY NW-MS11 NETWORK WALKMAN. THE WALKMAN USES A MEMORY STICK WITH 240 MINS. OF TIME ON IT. THE MENORY STICK ALSO WORKS WITH ALOT OF SONYS AUDIO & VIDEO PRODUCTS. IT ALSO COMES WITH A USB CORD TO PLUG INTO YOUR PC FOR DOWNLOADS.

GOOD LUCK
STOP YELLING!
__________________________________________________ __

As for the mp3 player... I tried this and lost interest after a month or so of riding with music. I guess I just love the sound of my bike too much to care to listen to anything else. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

-KillaRide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode