Got my new Dunlop D207's! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Got my new Dunlop D207's!

I can't wait to get them put on... I haven't ridden in over a month!! GRRR I'm having withdrawals!
I'm replacing the stock Battleax's!
What's the typical price to have them mounted and balanced?

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 01:39 PM

How much ya got?

Tell ya what, Ship it out to Arizona, I'll get em changed for you, and then ship it back COD within a few months. :-)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2002, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Talking

LOL and that includes breaking them in for me too??

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT

Co-owner/Administrator

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Just got them mounted...

What a difference... The bike handles completely different now, I was sketchy at first about it, I guess I just have to get used to it. Those stock tires were pretty well gone! I like 'em!

Joe!

1988 Mustang GT

Co-owner/Administrator

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 01:04 PM

Funny you say that, Joe. I've only rode Dunlops for the last 20 yrs, but I got "tired" of buying a new rear every month. I swear the rubber just evaporated off those tires while the bike was in the garage. I just finished wearing out my first Bridgestone (bt010) and I was much happier with how long it lasted. On the 12, the Dunlops seemed to track better in a straight line, but the Bridgestones felt slightly more composed in the corners, and they seemed to have kept their profile longer.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 07:51 PM

Do you have the new 207RR, if so how many miles u got on them? Are you really happy with the performance of tire? Do you get in the twisties & how do they handle on the high speed turns.... thanx
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 09:47 PM

The 207's are excellent tires but have you ever ridden a bike with the Metzler M1 Sportec's? I had 207's on my bike and, after riding a friend's bike w/ M1's, I put a pair on my bike and I am very impressed with them. Personally I think they out perform the 207's. But that is just my opinion and I am not trying to make anybody mad because, like I said, 207's are great tires.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately, I just got them put on today, and I've put about 20 miles on them, so they're not even worn in yet! I can't wait to get out there and see what they can do!
They are not the RR's.

Joe!

1988 Mustang GT

Co-owner/Administrator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode