making fun of another person's ride!?! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

making fun of another person's ride!?!

Well, i have cooled off a little after last night, so i can better articulate this question. Has anyone out there EVER made fun some someone or talked sh1t (not in a fun, joking manner) to someone because they ride a slightly lesser than bike?

Incident in question happened last night. after 12 hours on the clock in the kitchen of a popular, local restraunt, i was in less than a great mood. stopped by a gas station to grab some smokes before i headed home. Pulled in and parked, saw a new GS500 sitting on the other side of an SUV. So inside, get my smokes and as i am walking out i see a couple fraternity guys making comments about the GS500 to its rider. "Hey, nice bike...could not afford a real one?" "What a POS", and so on. Then the one guy looks to the other and says, "When i get my '02 R1, i will be smoking everyone." Thinking they know each other and are joking, i look to the rider. He obviously does not know these guys and is busy getting his helmet on to leave. To prove my good mood, i did not just walk away from a fellow rider being dumped on. I stop and ask the guy what he rides. "Uh, nothing right now." "So, what have you ridden before?" "Well, this NEW bike will be my first." "You are getting an R1 as your first bike?" "Hell yes. I do not want to be seen on a p***y bike." I just laughed and smiled. I told the guy, "Well seeing as how you ride nothing, that GS500 is a sh1t ton faster than you on your little rosey huffy, and f**K you for running my insurance so high when your dumb a$$ wrecks on your new R1. What is keeping you from getting it? mommy not sent you the money yet?" Well, of course he did not like this. Seeing my helmet, he asked what i rode. Simply replied, "it did not matter, i could beat him rubbing one off and hoping on one leg." "Oh, and by the way, I love your music." He asked "what?" as he looked at his buddies. "Aren't you guys NySNC?" Well, i laughed, the girl behind the counter laughed and the guy getting on his bike started laughing. It was priceless seeming them fume with their jellied hair, trendy ear rings, and standing there all three wearing the same damn hawaiian shirts and khakki shorts. Well to end it, he made a gesture like he wanted to fight, a cop pulled up just about then, i winked at "Justin", got on my bike and rode off smiling. Sometimes it just amazes me. Feel better now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 10:08 AM

i agree with you. Finances have a lot to do with the type of ride you can get. Also who knows it cooould have been his dream ride . We all have differnet dreams and to have them made fun of someone whois only fantasizing bites. Good for you for being the stand up guy and stepping up to the punk wannabes
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 10:18 AM

AMEN BRUTHER!!!!
I guarantee that idiot isn't paying cash for his "R1" either. Most of those bozo's finance their new bike and wreck it before it's paid for. IDIOTS. Personally I don't finance toys, if I can't afford to pay cash, then I wait. Reason I bought a 98 ZX6.

I hate people that give others a hard time like that. Yesterday I was leaving a bike rally here in Byram and a guy was pulling in on an older bike.... old style helmet, etc. I gave him a bigger wave than i did anyone else and a big thumbs up as well. He's riding for love of it. Not to impress chics or anyone else.

You did the right thing man! Never leave a brother in a situation. I'm teaching my kids now.... it's one thing NOT to do the wrong thing (like joining in making fun of that guy), but it's another to do the RIGHT thing (standing up for someone in a situation like that).

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 12:09 PM

Whelp, speaking as one of those types of frat guys I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret . It's the same thing as our eternal sportbikers vs. cops debate, where there's always some jerk offs making the whole breed look bad. Ok, in the fraternity case their happens to be a lot of them. But we're not all bad, hehe, I'd have to say I'm a very level headed rider largely thanks to the way I was taught and you guys here at sportbikeworld! I'm always getting calls for wheelies and burnouts when I have my bike over at the fraternity house, I don't ever do em though. I try and explain it to my bro's, and I can say they are at least SLOWLY learning the concept of squid.
Anywho, to make this post somewhat related to topic I'll say that trying to explain to those dudes why they were being idiots is probably a lost cause. I don't think there's really a way to get them to listen to anyone they don't know. But hey at least you got a friend on the inside trying to educate them now!!
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 12:45 PM

Good for you...I'm glad to hear that you have the ba11$ to stand up for people in that sitution. I probably would have done something similar...at least I'd like to think so. And by the way, I had a GS 500 and it was one of my favorite bikes. They're actually really fun to ride and I've beaten the crap out of a lot of guys on much faster bikes with it, too. They lost me on the straight aways, but we all know that's not where it counts, anyway. A good friend of mine roadraced for 5 years and puts us all to shame on a Bandit 400. And he loves that bike...so lets just say that none of us dare give him any $hi!.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 01:01 PM

I am laughing right now . That was the shit, I wish I was there. I had that happen to me once. I have a 98 GSXR 750, and a 01 CBR 600 f4i. Hardley any thing to make fun of, but there is always that one punk that gets his kicks off by putting someone else down. Well I had my F4i at eork one day, and I had the seats furred out. (looked cool, but it was a bit tacky). This geek walks in and says, "is that your bike? It's F'n hiddiouse, I've seen mopeds that look better." So, I looked at him, and smiled, than asked him where his bike was. He started fumbeling cause his girl was with him, and he couldn't think of anything quick and witty. So I helped him out, "It's your moped is'nt it, your moped is cooler than my bike isn't it?" "It's ok buddy I know your moped is probably pretty cool looking." His girl was practicly crackin up, and he was almost in tears. "what ever dude, what ever, I'm getting a new R1 soon, than I'll find you and smoke you" What a great moment in a bad day..... You want to see the bike he was making fun of, check out my photo gallery.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 03:48 PM

Re: making fun of another person's ride!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricerun01
...and f**K you for running my insurance so high when your dumb a$$ wrecks on your new R1.
Hear, hear! Whilst some folks like to dump on Progressive Insurance, if nothing changes, it may soon be the only place folks who actually have the bad taste to practice a little common sense may be able to get insurance. Sounds like Progressive doesn't really want younger policy holders. If you're a younger, level-headed rider, I feel for ya, but based on the number of crashers, can you blame 'em?
If trends continue, I'm afraid squids like your 'friend' above are gonna screw up the sport for everybody.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 05:02 PM

Good job on sticking up for the other rider. Hopefully I would do the same.

You shouldn't smoke. It's bad for you.

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Founder

I tell people this phrase all of the time.

"As long as you are on two wheels and having fun, that is all that matters".

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 08:01 PM

Re: making fun of another person's ride!?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricerun01
got on my bike and rode off smiling. Sometimes it just amazes me. Feel better now
Just the fact that you jumped on a bus' makes it all the better. Puny r1's lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode