Anybody got a use for "crashed" helmets? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Question Anybody got a use for "crashed" helmets?

Has anyone come up with any clever use for helmets, once they have been "used"? I have an Arai Signet that won't be going back out and all I can think of is to maybe pull out the face pads for spares, and put it on the mantle as a "reminder". Damn, it's hard to just toss someting like that in the trash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 05:15 AM

heh, heh. I was wondering the same thing a while back on this thread

So far the only use that I have come up with for mine is as a dust collector. It's sitting on top of my entertainment center. It doesn't look like anything is wrong with it and I just can't bring my self to chuck it. Arai says that you can send in a helmet and they will inspect it to see if it should still be used. I keep meaning to look into that. I guess I kind of wanted a new helmet anyway.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

You are right, TigerTex,

that thread pretty well covered it. Now that I've looked at it again, I do remember seeing it before.

One of the side effects a head-whack is it aggravates my CRS (Can't Remember Shit).

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 06:35 AM

Talking LMAO

Damn-

I hate even admitting i am a member of this elite group too!
I keep staring at my wrecked edwards RX-7RR4 (yeah, just like the one in my pick) No way it is usable, but I can't seem to throw the damn thing out either. Don't know if it is because it cost so much, or just some twisted "But it saved me!" mentality!

You are right tho- I have mine sitting so I have to see it everytime I get on my bike. Sort of my pre-ride reality check!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 06:47 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Joss
You are right, TigerTex,

that thread pretty well covered it. Now that I've looked at it again, I do remember seeing it before.

One of the side effects a head-whack is it aggravates my CRS (Can't Remember Shit).
No biggie. I think this is a popular dilemma. You have this cool looking lid (not to mention expensive) with memories attached and now you're just supposed to toss it? I just can't do it.

btw, you didn't have a recent wipe out did you? Is that the reason for retiring the signet? ...and the CRS?

Last edited by tigertex; 04-24-2002 at 06:49 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 07:04 AM

It is a dust collector or you simply gabage it. No sorrows over it be it just having done so well in the past few yrs & now becoming to loose inside or it has been damaged & saved your head.
Same thing when selling your m/c never give it second thoughts & never fret over what the next owner(s) does with it.
Possibly this does not sink in to those that are new or have only ridden for a few yrs, but to many of us with age & experience --- believe me we know.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I did. It's pretty well described in:

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums...threadid=20402

even though it was a "street-job".

Actually, the wife says I have had CRS for some time. LOL

Last edited by Joss; 04-24-2002 at 07:24 AM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:36 AM

Take it to your local sports pub and offer to donate it as a wall ornament.

I saw a pub some years ago that had a bunch of racing stuff adorning the walls, everything from racing posters to an entire car. Very cool.

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 10:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
Talking Re: Anybody got a use for "crashed" helmets?

Quote:
Has anyone come up with any clever use for helmets, once they have been "used"? I have an Arai Signet that won't be going back out and all I can think of is to maybe pull out the face pads for spares, and put it on the mantle as a "reminder". Damn, it's hard to just toss someting like that in the trash.
Carry it with you on your bike, when some A-Hole cager cuts you off in traffic, follow them til they park their crapmobile and super glue it to their forhead

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2002, 11:47 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Yeah, I did. It's pretty well described in:

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums...threadid=20402

even though it was a "street-job".

Actually, the wife says I have had CRS for some time. LOL
Very sorry to hear that, Joss! I'll post comments on the other thread.

I completely missed that thread (No CRS in this case, I swear! )

Kinda interesting, though. I posted my thread about the helmet right after my spill too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode