insurance? 3k a year? HELP! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

insurance? 3k a year? HELP!

I don't have a bad driving record and I live in MN, so I should be able to get it aournd 400 for the year and they want 3k!?!? nuts! I plan on buying a 2002 R6 if anyone can help me out just let me know ..thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:43 AM

Who gave you that quote and did you call multiple insurance companies? That sounds ridiculously high, or just Progressive trying to screw another person over. If you haven't already you should call State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers to see if you can get a better quote. If you HAVE already, sucks to be you.

Later
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:52 AM

Re: insurance? 3k a year? HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by spongeYZ
I don't have a bad driving record and I live in MN, so I should be able to get it aournd 400 for the year and they want 3k!?!? nuts! I plan on buying a 2002 R6 if anyone can help me out just let me know ..thanks

Get a sex change.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 09:56 AM

The best I could do on a R6 type bike was around 650 a year (after tickets gone in September).

State farm has the best rates but the last person I spoke to at SF said they they will not insure a motorcycle if you have had any tickets in the past 5 years.

Not sure if they just did not want to mess with talking to me or if they were for real.

Try state farm and I hear Farmers is good too.

If you have any tickets it does sound about right. I am 26 with one ticket on my record driving on suspended (long story did not know I was suspended) and until that drops I am looking around 1500 from anyplace.

I talked to a local insurance guy and he said the reason it is getting crazy for sport bikes is that 3 out of 5 people who get one have a claim in the first year for over $1000. Insurance companies suck sometimes but in allot of cases the reasons for the rates is because of claims.

Surf this site look at how many people just around here wreck their bikes from stunting or even no fault of their own bumped in parking lot or drop while parking it. In the harder wrecks you see on the track or from the stunts you might be looking at a totaled bike in that cases that's 6 or 7k out of an insurance company and one more mark against sport bikes.

You take something that if you drop it going to cost a grand to fix and something that can get bumped in a parking lot and has a claim for over 1000 rates are going to be high.

I might end up getting a naked bike until I can afford to pay cash for one so I wont need full coverage.

Sorry for the book.

Zero
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by tdw2001
Who gave you that quote and did you call multiple insurance companies? That sounds ridiculously high, or just Progressive trying to screw another person over. If you haven't already you should call State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers to see if you can get a better quote. If you HAVE already, sucks to be you.

Later
nah I don't have it YET.. I do have just one speeding ticket and it's bullshit...dude got me going down a hill, but that don't matter..yeah i'm going to start calling around
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:32 PM

state farm....

charges me $250.00 per year for full coverage on a 98 gsx-r750..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:49 PM

don't freak

hey all I found out that in the USA if you can get insurance with State Farm..............and put your chitty cars in with em lol......they will only look at CC's ..........................like I am going to get a Kawa ZX12R..................670 a year dollars that is ..............other wise your screwed if ya go with some others .......hope I helped...........btw what do ya think of the new 12r
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

i'm 22 and have one speeding ticket..
2002 R6

State Farm- if I transfer my truck to them $1290. without truck $2014
Progressive $2733
others-"we don't like you"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode