Backpacks?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Backpacks??

Hey everyone!!

If you guys are making just a short trip to a summer home, or something like that, maybe about a 2 hour ride at most, but you need to take a couple of extra pairs of clothes, do you just shove them under your jacket or do you wear a backpack??

If you wear a backpack, what kind of pack do you wear??

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 07:38 AM

I use my big ol' Targus laptop backpack. It's got lots of little storage nooks and crannies, it has a padded compartment for my iBook, and (most importantly) is has some huge swaths of shiny, silvery, refletive-y material on the rear of it. This is a Good Thingtm.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 07:40 AM
Dad

I know a lot of people use backpacks but I was always concerned about using one in the event of an accident. Anything hard, bulky, pointy, etc. may not be the best thing to land on, making a bad situation worse. I use a magnetic tank bag and/or a tailbag. Cost about $60.00 each from Tourmaster and come with a bonnet for rain riding. I get rain suit, shoes, toiletries, and clothes for a week in that set-up. Just something to think about.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 07:47 AM

I've got a regular old Jansport that I use for daily commuting (when I need to take something to/from work). Works well, but I agree if its more than an hour or so, you're better off with some kind of luggage...less strain on your back and its less likely to cause injury
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 07:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
tank bag is best, but in college, i just carried a book bag. today, i just drive.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 08:10 AM

Aerostitch Courier Bags

I have been using these for over ten years. They expand to hold a lot if you have to. You can adjust them to sit the weight on the seat behind you or rest in the middle of your back. Positioned right they are very comfortable and briefcases fit perfect inside. Look at them before you go the backpack route.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 08:22 AM

I second the jansport bag. I got a nice blue one with a bunch of reflective tape on it. and if you are talking about a change of clothes or two I really dont see to many sharp edges....

Mike
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 08:25 AM

I've got a backpack by Northface. In addition to shoulder straps, it has a waist strap and a chest strap. I was concerned about the bag shifting around and this keeps everything in place. A friend has a magnetic tank bag which converts into a backpack. Pretty neat feature. I was skeptical about the magnets being able to hold it on, untill I borrowed it for a trip. It held great. I think the bag was by tourmaster but there are many others.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 09:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
Quote:
Originally posted by Tamara
I use my big ol' Targus laptop backpack. It's got lots of little storage nooks and crannies, it has a padded compartment for my iBook, and (most importantly) is has some huge swaths of shiny, silvery, refletive-y material on the rear of it. This is a Good Thingtm.
Is that with or without the iBook? How many sets of underwear can you put in that backpack?

I use a modified NorthRiver backpack. The bottom is leather and the back is padded. I normally don't carry anything that would hurt, in any event (unless I'm going to get new tires, then I carry tools).
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 10:11 AM

Thumbs up Blackhawk Industries

Backpack- Enough room for clothes for a weekend, waterproof, chest strap, waist strap, compression straps, and a camelback pocket. Not to mention the lifetime guarantee

(just gotta remember to secure all the strap ends, or it becomes a nuisance real fast)

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode