Where do I find my bikes tech book - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Where do I find my bikes tech book

Does anyone know of an online store to buy bike manuels (spelling?) from? I'd like to know everything possible about my beloved. Um, F4i that is. Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 12:45 PM

Do a Google search on Clymer Motorcycle and you will get several sites. Here's the first one I got:

http://www.repairmanual.com/

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 07:06 PM

Re: Where do I find my bikes tech book

Quote:
Originally posted by Mortifer
Does anyone know of an online store to buy bike manuals from? I'd like to know everything possible about my beloved. Um, F4i that is.
The Real Thing, the official Honda service manual, is available either from a Honda dealer or from Helm Inc. Honda manuals describe model-specific procedures very well, IMHO. However, they assume knowledge of basic system operations that isn't necessarily obvious.

That gap is covered by a more general manual, "Honda Common Service Manual". It contains the same sort of chapters as the model-specific manuals, but covers topics at a different level. E.g., Chapter 5, "Cooling System", first describes in general how the system and its components work, then proceeds to inspection and maintenance at a general level. My VFR manual, OTOH, skips the principles and generalities and describes the procedures in a detailed way, with photos of the actual components.

I recommend buying a copy of the Common Service Manual to go along with your CBR manual. Even if you understand the basics pretty well, you'll find enlightening explanations of the more obscure bits. You can order it from a Honda dealer as part number 61CM001. Or you can find it at the Helm Inc. website by entering "common" in the keyword field of the search screen (after selecting service manuals for Honda motorcycles).

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info I had no idea they would be so much, but its worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode