A new movie for everyone - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

A new movie for everyone

Hey all,
Die hard SBN member here, but wanted to post the links to a preview I hope you all will enjoy. If this isn't allowed, no hard feelings if the admins delete it. A little insight...this isn't another stunt video 3 flavors, low, medium and high res. A quick warning, the high res (640x480, 30fps, 2mbp/s video rate, 192 audio, 24bit color) flavor takes some processing power. My 450 AMD won't even play it. My 600 PIII plays it ok. Yeah, I know...I need a new computer :-/ Trust me, it's not for lack of desire

Low res:
http://www.spatulahead.com/clayfbusa...anAngleLow.wmv 21.6 mb

Medium res:
http://www.spatulahead.com/clayfbusa.../LeanAngle.wmv 46.8 mb

High res:
http://www.spatulahead.com/clayfbusa...nAngleHigh.wmv 63.5 mb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 02:41 PM

Badass effects
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 03:22 PM

The tight spots sure look like Deal's Gap???
If so, you guys are gonna die hugging the center line like that. I'm impressed you refrained from wheelies and burnouts, but going by cars at 160+ on a 2-lane road is every bit as squidly. Otherwise, some impressive riding and probably the best video quality I've seen.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 05:37 PM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan

... going by cars at 160+ on a 2-lane road is every bit as squidly...
Possibly toggled to kilometers?

That's fun riding ... not another wheelie and stoppie, let's see how many people we can piss off, video.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 01-03-2002 at 05:40 PM.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Founder

Nice video, but I think if you hang your asses off the bikes any farther just to try and get your knee down your going to fall off the bikes.

Nice effects though, and yes..... Nice to see a video without a bunch of wheelies and stoppies for a change.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 09:00 PM

Thumbs up

Great Video! The effect were really good too. I want some of those sparkling sliders
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-03-2002, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Nice video, but I think if you hang your asses off the bikes any farther just to try and get your knee down your going to fall off the bikes.
Hmmm, only got one cheek off there :-/ Standard style as far as I know. Don't worry...not all the sparks are from the knee pucks

I actually take pride that this vid is different. All vids now-a-days are about stunts. There's few american made vids that's simply about hard riding. The way I see it, there's 2 extremes in sportbikes. 1 is stunts, the other is hard riding. This vid is all about the other side that I just don't see much of...hard riding I applaud the stunters out there, because they do things that few of us can do well. But everyone is coming out with stunt videos now. I just wanted to get back to basics with this vid

No Kilometers...if I only had a nickel every time I heard that one! LOL

Tristan, thanx for your worries. But what the camera shows is a bit different. We actually pride ourselves in keeping it in our own lane. We do cross the yellow line when the line of sight allows, but NEVER do it on purpose where there's a chance of being hit. Of course, you can't ride HARD on the road without some amount of risk. There will be some track riding in the full release next year Also, that one little high speed bit was on a fairly issolated stretch of interstate...you'll notice I wasn't exactly passing cars left and right
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by clays929

Hmmm, only got one cheek off there :-/ Standard style as far as I know.
Clay, I think Robert was referring to the fact that there are some corners where it's very obvious the riders are only touching a knee down just for "show." Regardless, excellent work on the video.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 12:47 AM

I like it. Esp. the tunes!
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete

Clay, I think Robert was referring to the fact that there are some corners where it's very obvious the riders are only touching a knee down just for "show." Regardless, excellent work on the video.
Oh...hehe, yeah we're purposely showing off for the camera, no doubt about it. I honestly only lay the puck down maybe 3 or 4 times in a run through Deal's Gap and such. But when it comes time for the camera, we stick the leg out a little more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode