If you could only have two bikes...? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

If you could only have two bikes...?

I've seen lots of threads on the best single bike, and others on "If you could have all the bikes you want...". It's a little more interesting, though, if your garage only has space for two bikes... like mine. What would they be?

Now that I have the ZX-6R, I love being out by myself, tearing up and down the back roads. And, I have tried to pack the wife on it a couple of times (but with only limited success). It is not an easy bike for the pillion to be comfortable on (at least for MY pillion).

Still, there are some places that I have explored, now, that would be REALLY nice to put-put back past, on a cruiser at 45 mph with my wife.

I can DEFINITELY see the nitch for a cruiser. If I had the money, I'd get that as a second bike. Something dependable and comfortable... and slow (she thinks 45mph is great).

Anybody else...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 02:18 AM

I have my "TWO" already.....ZX-9r for blastin and
the V65 Magna for crusin comfort and plenty-o-power for blastin as well, if the need
should arise (as it always does)....
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 06:10 AM

I would have to say my ZX9R and probably something like the Concours. Although, i've never had any complaints about the level of comfort on the back of the ZX9R. It has a better seating position for the passenger than most of the rice rockets out there.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

The ZX-6R has sort of a playground slide for the pillion. This can cause discomfort to the rider during stops if the passenger is the least bit inattentive. We have actually BOTH sat in MY seat... momentarily... on these occasions. It hurts!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 08:34 AM

If only two, I would actually keep my ZX9R (surprise) and add .....either a Goldwing or a Fat Boy.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 08:45 AM

I'll take a Yammaha R6 as a track toy.

And a BMW R1150RS for my street bike. Or maybe a Triumph Sprint ST. Although the Aprilia Falco is pretty cool too.

Oh. Wait a minute. You never said I had to actually pay for these bikes.

OK. Make it an Aprilia Mille R for a track toy, and a BMW R1150RS for the street bike. Or maybe a Gold Wing. Something with enough hard luggage space to carry a tripod, a medium format camera, and a few days worth of camping gear.

Oh yeah. And one of them travel trailers with a garage to carry the bikes around while I'm going from track to track in California. Guess that settles me on the Beemer for the street bike. I'd use it to get up into the Sierra Nevada between track days.

Then again, a nice dual-sport would get me off the paved roads. Oh hell. Two bikes ain't enough dude.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joss
The ZX-6R has sort of a playground slide for the pillion. This can cause discomfort to the rider during stops if the passenger is the least bit inattentive. We have actually BOTH sat in MY seat... momentarily... on these occasions. It hurts!
Hahahaha...been there!Only the ZX9 has more ground to slide across. Other than that, it's pretty good. I've often thought about wearing a cup for just such occasions.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 11:32 AM

I think if I could have any 2 bikes, I would discard (or pass to a friend) the one currently in the garage. I would go for the GSXR1000 or maybe 750. But, before I would, I would test ride a RC51 to see what a twin would be like (who knows, I might love it!).

My second bike would be a sport tourer that my wife would not mind getting on the back without too much discomfort. I would like it to be a VRF800.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 11:37 AM

Talking

I think I would have to stick with the bandit maybe upgrade to the 1200 and then a Super Motard of some description.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 02:43 AM

My 900ss and a nice supermotard with a spare set of wheels for getting dirty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode