Listening to music while riding? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
CSW

Question Listening to music while riding?

I go on a lot of long rides with my dad. Well sometimes they tend to get a little boring. My questions is does any one here ever listen to music while riding thier bikes? With a cd player or tape. It seems like it would help pass the time. My only concern about listening to music is that it may be a little distracting. I have not done this yet I am not sure if it is a good idea or not. If anyone does this let me know if it bothers you or not. Or if anyone has any comments on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 03:53 PM

Tunes

Good question...

From time to time I do listen to music via my MP3 Player and Chatterbox. It has never really bothered me before, but I can see your concern. IMHO I would not recommend listening to music in heavy traffic...... or "N'Sync" in any conditions.

Try it and see how you feel about it afterwards....

Good Luck

Zoom....
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
CSW

yeah around here there is not a lot of traffic, and don't worry nsync will get no play on my bike. I think that I wil try it on my way to work next spring, easy ride not a lot of traffic nad not to long, and I will see how it feels. Thanks for the reply
good advice on the nsync thing.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:04 PM

I assume you listen to tunes whilst skiing (or boarding) as you live in one of the finest snow centers in the world.

For the most part, listening to tunes is cool while riding, but if you find yourself in a high traffic or urban setting, chill out. You need your total concentration so as not to become a hood ornament on a Buick.

There was a lengthy thread on this subject last year. One of our more "web-educated" members can likely post a link to it here for your edification.

Enjoy the snow!

Kev

Try listening to Afro-Celt Sound System 2, superb skiing/boarding and riding tunes

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:08 PM

Talking

try to avoid music that will get you all riled up... next thing you know you are ready for take off...

Welcome to the Jungle makes me ride fast for example...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:11 PM

....or Free Bird, followed by Green Grass & High Tides...hello speeding ticket right now!

If you are clueless to this, you'z just too young....

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
CSW

Thanks for all the replys, I tried a search and it seems that some like music others don't. I guess it is a personal opinion. I think that important part is to just stay safe.

-Tahoe-
I like to take my md player when I go snowboarding. I just figured if I wasn't paying attention and I fall oh well there is the snow, rather then the street. I will have to check out the group you suggested I need some new music for the mountain.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:42 PM

Good downhill music:

Afro Celt Volume 2

Kodo "Sai Sao"

Rippingtons "Curves Ahead"

Serious beat, high energy, with a touch of esoteric to keep you from getting too bored. Let me know if you like 'em.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 09:23 PM

Although i havent tried it yet i believe its just a matter of opinion and how comfortable each person is with it. My best advice is to try it out when you know your going to ride mellow and see how you feel. Try it a few times and see how you like it. Just be sure your not riding anything other then mellow when you do. I suggest only listening when going for a cruise or heading somewhere. When youre out to have fun... listen to the bike and wind noise channel.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2001, 12:08 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode