Tired of bike after 1 month ??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Tired of bike after 1 month ???

Well, I've had my 01' GSX-R600 for a month now. "Chicken Strips" are gone and I ride every day. I wanted to get at least a 900 to start, but I read everyone's "first bike" posts and ended up getting a 600 to start. I loved it at first and was amazed how quik it was for a "600". It's "always" fun and enjoyable to ride, but I just want more POWER. I am usually a fast learner, but I just didn't think I would want a bigger bike this soon..........Am I the only one? Any thoughts???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:28 PM

Well if you are really tired of your bike....you can always give it to me
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:29 PM
PJ1

Is this your first street bike? How many years have you been riding?

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

That's what I don't understand....This is my first bike......
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:33 PM

To be honest with you bro, I felt the same way quite a few years ago. I purchased a '96 CBR600 F3, as my first sportbike. I had it for about a month, before I felt like I was getting bored. I thought I was ready to go up to a larger bike.

I wound up hanging on to it, though, as soon as I realized there were a lot more things involved than going fast in a straigh line. I found it was a hell of a lot more fun, trying to perfect 4-gear wheelies, and stoppies, and then rolling stoppies, and then....

The point is, if I'd given up my 600 and traded it for a 900, I probably wouldn't have learned quite as much as I did. It's a hell of a lot easier to learn those kinds of things on a smaller displacemnet bike, than on a lot of the liter bikes. (Except for the 60 and 70-mph stand-up's on the highway, they seem to come up a little easier when you've got a lot more ass behind your wrist. )

Don't be too quick to ditch the little bike, until you're sure that you've learned to ride it to it's full potential, (which most people, including myself, probably can't actually do).
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:34 PM

I take it that you don't ride in the twisities ??

Or, is that you want more striaght line speed ?

If ya do ride in the twisties, are ya sayin that you can run the 600 to the MAX ?

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:51 PM

I know how your feeling, but I have to agree with these guys. This is my first bike, and I thought that I wanted to have more power too. The reality is, that the bike is still fast. I still can't quite wheelie very good, and I am not that qucik in the twisties. So, I feel that I have a ways to go b4 I get a larger displacement bike. Besides, I can still whip the pants of most cars.

Last edited by Roundel; 12-09-2001 at 03:53 PM.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Well, I know that I don't and can't ride the bike to the "MAX" in the twisties, but I can and do ride through the twisties as fast as I would want to. I can keep up with my friends who are on bigger bikes in the twisties. What I want is.... NOT for them to LEAVE me when we come out of the twisties, DAMN I HATE THAT !!

So "NO", I don't ride the bike to it's limits, but I'm real comfortable, and want more POWer.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RonJon
Well, I know that I don't and can't ride the bike to the "MAX" in the twisties, but I can and do ride through the twisties as fast as I would want to. I can keep up with my friends who are on bigger bikes in the twisties. What I want is.... NOT for them to LEAVE me when we come out of the twisties, DAMN I HATE THAT !!

So "NO", I don't ride the bike to it's limits, but I'm real comfortable, and want more POWer.
Then you have aways to go on the 600...unless you do 100mph sweepers all the time, in the tight, and medium stuff, you should be able to stay with em, or pass em, if they are pullin ya real bad, you need more speed goin in, and comin out...

I'm not trying to critize ya , just sayin that gettin a bigger one, won't make ya a better rider, keepin the 600 will..give it some more time....and practice..I think you'll find ways to stay with, or lead them bigger bikes..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RonJon
What I want is.... NOT for them to LEAVE me when we come out of the twisties, DAMN I HATE THAT !!

I know exactly how you feel. I have the same feeling when I ride with the guys. They are always taking me in the straights. The problem is many people have said, that is what can get you killed. One of my buddies said, that if I can't wheelie my bike good, I'm not ready to move on. I know that may be a poor indicator of progressing to a big bore bike, but it does have some merits. He says that I haven't mastered the bike yet. He said you have to take baby steps, or you can get yourself killed. Anyway, I know how your feeling, because I have some of the same feelings. I just have to realize I need to be patient. Good luck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode