My baby has been violated - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

My baby has been violated

Well if not the computer virus I caught was enough, I got rear ended by some 15yr girl with no license in front of the Chick-filet.
I was slowing down in a 15 mph zone to let someone turn who had already started to turn left in frt of me, and bam. Next thing I know I get launched 20 feet. I got a serious case of whiplash and my back is hurting even more now. It broke my can clamp, bent my headers out and scratched up my right side. She didn't get a ticket or taken to jail because she was on private property????????????????????? But the dickhead cop was nice enough to give me a ticket for not having proof of insurance while I was laid up at the hospital. Sucks for him the officer has to put his name on the ticket. Oh did I mention she didn't get a ticket for rearending me or having a license? My lawyer said we might have a hard time getting their insurance to pay because she took the car without concent, basicly stole it. Insurance only covers authorized drivers? Oh and meperghan's are pretty cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 09:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're alright. Guess I'll be seeing you on the People's court! Private property is the worst place to have an accident, because the rules of the road don't necessarily apply. If she took the car without consent, then her parents are liable. Good luck.
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 10:04 AM

Nah, Judge Judy is more vicious. Go with her. As for the accident sorry to hear it. I hope you're ok. The bike can be repaired or replaced. I know she's your baby, but the good news is you're still alive. Could have been a hell of a lot worse with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a cage. Has your lawyer tried to go after the parents?

post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_rocket78
Nah, Judge Judy is more vicious. Go with her. As for the accident sorry to hear it. I hope you're ok. The bike can be repaired or replaced. I know she's your baby, but the good news is you're still alive. Could have been a hell of a lot worse with an inexperienced driver behind the wheel of a cage. Has your lawyer tried to go after the parents?

Going after state farm first, then the parents if they refuse. Everything starts tomorrow,I'll let yall know what my lawyer says. It's about 2000 or so of bike damage, plus med bills, and definitely pain and suffering. My neck and back are killing me.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shannon

Going after state farm first, then the parents if they refuse. Everything starts tomorrow,I'll let yall know what my lawyer says. It's about 2000 or so of bike damage, plus med bills, and definitely pain and suffering. My neck and back are killing me.
After the pain has subsided and the muscles have healed, you should schedule a few massage appointments. It will help the muscles relax so they don't f*** up your back. Keep us posted on the legal side and take care of yourself.
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 11:07 AM

Find out where the cop lives and set up a video camera to catch him when that little 15yo goes over to...

I have never seen a bigger case of BS. You get ticketed and she walks? What is with that?

Glad you weren't too hurt though. I hope you heal up both quickly and without any lasting effects. I also hope that there is a light at the end of your legal tunnel. Keep us informed.
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:40 PM

Thumbs down BOGUS

Dang Shannon, that's f^%$ up dude, I hope ya get better real quick. As for that cop..maybe he knows the girl, or maybe he...anyway, I hope ya sue the ever lov'n crap outta them, it's always some moron, that don't have either a lic. or insuance, been there done that..so I know EXACTLY how ya feel...

Get well..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:46 PM

Glad you are okay Shannon. That kid should not be allowed to get a license. I got caught when I was a kid driving without a license (speeding not almost killing a motorcyclist) and got put in a cell until my mom came to bail me out. I don't understand how she could hit you and not even get a ticket.
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jjcm
Glad you are okay Shannon. That kid should not be allowed to get a license. I got caught when I was a kid driving without a license (speeding not almost killing a motorcyclist) and got put in a cell until my mom came to bail me out. I don't understand how she could hit you and not even get a ticket.

That's what I said while the fucing cop gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance. " uh, sir, there's nothing we can do, she was in private property." I wish I had a scanner to post the accidebt report up here on. Under license hers says NONE. In MS also, no one is ever given an accident ticket unless the cop witnesses it. All they do is take down a report and write in witnesses if any. In my case I had one,(hahaha), they lady I was nice enough to let turn in frt of me. She the little girl is smoked when the lawsuit gets rolling, or state farm anyway.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know round bouts what the stock headers and can would cost to be replaced. OEM stuff. Im sure the insurance will give me a check for the damaged parts and I'll just put aftermarket stuff in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode