Helmet radios, f'n cages - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Helmet radios, f'n cages

Hey everyone, I'm wondering what ya'll think about something I've pondered from time to time.

I've been wanting to get a helmet radio (chatterbox etc) for my serious group twisty riding so that a leader can run out in front and call out traffic and serious gravel/debris etc. I see something like a game of leap frog where the leader runs out for ~30 seconds at a good but safe pace, the group can then follow and run a VERY serious pace with the knowledge that anything requiring backing off would be called out. When the group catches the leader after ~five minutes you switch leaders and someone else runs to the front to take their turn running a little slower.

Now keep in mind I'm not talking about getting a race pace on the street or anything too crazy but there are a lot of blind corners around here that have great pavement but you never know when a squid or cage is coming the other way in your lane regardless of the lines etc. The other advantage is that obviously speeding tickets can be reduced since the leader can run within 10 of the limit and warn the group or at least be the only one to get a ticket instead of the whole group.

So, anyone try this before, opinions?

And BTW, yes, had several people ignore the double yellow on us yesterday and I'm gettin' pissed. Wish I could get a sheriff reserve position so I could run these ****ers down and ticket'em for everything I could find, ^%^%#$^%^$.

Last edited by apexismaximus; 12-09-2001 at 03:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 03:49 PM

There is a bunch of guys with Vettes around here that do that. One goes ahead and scouts for traffic and cops and calls back clear to the others.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

So what have people thought about the chatterbox's anyway. I figure a push to talk is gonna be used as the wind and engine noise would set off the voice activation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode