Parts411.com - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2001, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Question Parts411.com

Has anyone ordered anything from this site? If so, what was your experience like? I am thinking about getting a few things but just wanted to see what people thought about them. Do they have used stuff and new stuff??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2001, 11:08 PM
Pete

I've never seen any used stuff on their website. Several people here have ordered from them, and as of late, the complaints about long delivery times and inept order tracking are abundant.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2001, 12:43 AM

I've had 2 excellent experiences with parts411. These guys got me a Ti Akro slip-on when no one had them in stock. At the time, everyone I called (and I called everyone) didn't have it and were waiting to get their orders in from the importer (Lockhart Phillips).

I talked with someone named Charlie at parts411 and he said he didn't have the pipe either but promised me he would get it somehow. He looked around and called me repeatedly to keep me informed. He was able to get one and I swear the guy was more excited than me when he called to tell me it was on its way! I had it on the bike 2 days later.

I also bought a Scott's steering damper from them and got what I thought was a decent price after looking at some other sites.

I've had no problems with these guys and I would recommend them completely.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2001, 12:54 AM

I've ordered various things in the past (slip ons to gloves) and have usually gotten it within 5 days (tops..usually 3). I can't say anything bad about em.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2001, 06:58 PM

I ordered an Arai helmet from them recently. They were good on pricing but it took like 11 days to get to me. They said that it would be coming from their warehouse in NY, but it didn't. It came from out west somewhere. I'm surprised it didn't have Chinese mail stamps on it. On the other hand, I ordered a shield for same helmet from discount motorcycle helmets . They said it would take a week. It only took 3 days. Kudos to them!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2001, 04:25 AM

Three weeks to get my exhaust. They shipped the wrong one from their warehouse back east to them in Cali. So they shipped that one back, shipped the correct one to Cali, and then shipped it to me. At no point did I get any information about what was going on. I called them and it took almost 30 minutes for them to find the info on my order. And that was with me giving them the order number. Some people have good experiences and some don't. They're a little hit and miss. I can say I've never heard of anyone getting screwed by them, so if you're not in a hurry and the price is right it's pretty safe to use them. Just know that you may get hung out to dry for a couple weeks with no calls and no emails. Or maybe you won't.......
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 09:26 AM

Completely satisfied!

I ordered a Micron slip on from them .I think it took 10 days to arrive which is what they quoted.Cal to Fla. .... At first I thought they sent me the wrong year(99) iinstead of 00 but they were right. Also another time I bought frame sliders .they were courteous on phone also . ...just another satisfied customer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode