Most embarrassing moment while trying to look cool - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Most embarrassing moment while trying to look cool

I'm sure everyone has had some not so hot moments when you are almost intentionally trying to look good. Pinning the throttle after accidentally upshifting into neutral or something like that.

Mine would have to be rolling up to my old apartment with my woman on back. Was going about 5 miles an hour on my old FZR 600 and had to make a tight turn. Tight turns+slow speeds+ poor turning radius = trouble. There were probably 10 college age guys out there that watched me roll in. I had a nice new paint job and Tape Works kit on it and I could tell that they were intrigued. Dumped it right over as both of us bailed off the bike. No real damage to anything but my pride. Of course I made sure to twist the throttle real hard (in neutral) upon ditching it so that the Yoshi exhaust got everyone's attention that hadn't already seen my mistake.

-Kemosabe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 10:08 AM

sucks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 11:39 AM

Dude that is bad. I thought dropping my brand new helmet and scratching the living shit out of the chrome visor just because i thought I could pick up the rear end without disturbing the helmet which was on my mirror.

Here is what sucks. My riding buddy buys a new to him 46" TV and as we enter his front door it drops and the back fall off. We thought it was shot but that damn Sony kicked on and is still working. Thank God it wasn't my side.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2001, 10:25 PM

I pulled a great first gear wheelie came down and busted my nads on the tank Oh well the girls thought it was funny
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 12:13 AM

Ok this goes back a few years, ok a lot of years. Back when life was less complicated ,young living at home at mom's house. Our house was the teen hang out (cool Mom) pool table,sterio,play room in the basement,big garage to park and wrench on our bikes,man all the fun we had there. Ok now the moment you been waiting to here. Comming home to the hang out one summer eve on the bike of coarse (back then it was a Honda CB500 Twin) with 4 ridin buddies in tow, I came down the hill and hit the front lawn where we always parked the bikes,locked up the rear wheel slid in side ways stoping ,hiting the kill switch,droping the side stand all at once real cool right? Did it hundreds of times. not this time oh noo , I over shot my mark hitting the low decritive stone wall hi sided right into mom's rose garden man I was pulling thorns out of my but for a week. All my pals still laugh at me 30 years later?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 03:48 AM

Leaving a country park with a new girlfriend on the back of my bike, I came up behind some mates in a car. As it was a single, one-way exit road, I thought it would be really cool to overtake them on the grass. As soon as I got both wheels onto the wet grass, whuup ! down she goes. My girlfriend casually steps off as I slide along on my side. My mates nearly took fits they were laughing so hard. They didn't even help me pick the bike up. Bastards !! Was my girl impressed ? She took a ride home in the car.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 04:18 AM

LOL @ 97M2CYCO !!!! That's hilarious!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2001, 07:08 AM

The place: Daytona Beach during spring break
The year: 1990
I was being really cool riding on the beach and tried to do a u turn and dropped it. As everyone who has been there knows that people are lined up for miles hanging out by their cars so tons of people saw me. There was a group of guys that laughed their asses off at me as I picked my bike up and rode away. The rest off the day was great though cause I picked up tons of girls on the bike and paraded them by the group of guys who were always by themselves.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 04:32 AM

Red face

Thought I'd show out in front of some new guys a couple of years ago by pulling up to this guy on a Katana 750 at redlight who none of us knew and reving up the motor (At the time I was on a 96 ZX-7R). The Katana dude reved back and flipped his visor down as to signal he was up for it. The light turned green and I killed it....Katana boy shot off the line like Matt Hines on a drag bike and left me sitting there in his dust with my bike stalled while some 80 year old woman honks at me from behind to get me to go.

That was back in my squid days of course.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-24-2001, 06:33 AM

Sturgis 50th, traffics slow, I'm stopped on int. 90 exit, bikes would move forward than stop, it was down hill so I just rolled ahead when it was time and let the bike fall to side the stand. Was talking with freinds beside me not paying attention to what was going on. Was about the 3rd time we went forward I let the bike go to side stand it wasn't there. With the bike at the time, the side stand would go up if the clutch lever was pulled, must have pulled it. Before I knew it bike was on it's side, and me on the ground. only pride damaged. Many laughs and "what the hells" from the surrounding bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode