Another (expletive) cager!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Another (expletive) cager!!!!!!

I'm riding home from class just a few minutes ago...

I see a cute girl on a bicycle riding on the sidewalk. She slows down at a driveway cause a guy in a car was creepin' out, and looking the other way. She was nearly at a stop as I passed infront of the car. I immediately look in my mirror as I pass, and watch, HORRIFIED, as she begins to move infront of the car, and he floors it. He nails her, she goes up on the hood, and flies out to the second lane of traffic. I grab my brakes, check for traffic, and flip a U-turn, pull up on the sidewalk, and jump off my bike. By this time she has picked up her bicycle, and stumpled out of the street.

I'm pissed. I tap the guy on the shoulder, and tell him to get his insurance information out, and starts coping an attitude. "Don't touch me!!!!" he says. "You just hit a chick!!! Get your paperwork!!" The asshole just stands there giving me attitude.

In the end, she decided she was gonna be late for class, so we both gave her our phone Numbers, and left. Me GLARING at the guy, and him GLARING back. I was wearing my Carbon Fiber gloves.... good thing I had a little restraint. Her arm and hip are roadrashed, and she'll probably be feeling more pain by this afternoon.

Why is it that when people start their car, they turn off their brain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 06:02 AM

Did you get her digits??

Seriously, I'm glad to hear she was ok though.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 06:08 AM

What a prick. I hope you did get her number though

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

No, I didn't get her #. But, I gave her mine.
I got a girl, I'm not looking to pick one up.

Besides, I came off as a jerk. I was SOOOO ****ing pissed at the guy that hit her. I kept saying "Its assholes like you that kill people!!!"
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 06:15 AM
elo

Arrow

Was she riding with trafficor against it?
Also, I'm sorry to say this but if the guy was obviously looking to pull out and not looking and she went in front of him anyway, well, that was rather short sighted of her.

Nobody should be a prick after almost mowing down a bicyclist, but it kinda sounds like she was at fault too...

Don't get me wrong Kevlar. You were very cool to go and help and right to be angry. But it might not be all his fault.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

She was riding against traffic, yes... but...

this is an area with a LARGE amount of bicycle traffic. Also, she did stop, and decided to go around the car. I'm assuming she made eye contact with him or something. I used to ride a bicycle the same route she was taking. And I dealt with this day after day. Anyone who drives in this area should be acutely aware of bicycles and pedestrians. There are just too many around here to ignore.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:15 AM
elo

Agreed. But the fact that she was riding against traffic puts her at fault, unfortunately.

Trust me. I got a ticket on Apache and Rural on my bicycle for exactly that reason. But the law is on the books to help prevent this sort of thing.

Regardless, the driver didn't have to be a dick about it.

I sure hope she's okay though.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

I got one a few years ago in the exact same spot she got hit for riding against traffic....

I ran from the cop on my bicycle, he's all "Come here" I just stared straight ahead and kept riding.... he caught me on foot. That dude was fast. I pretended like I just didn't see or hear him... LOL. Then I took the Bicycle Defensive Riding class. How lame was that?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:32 AM

I agree. Should have been riding WITH traffic and not on the side walk. If you are on the side walk, you need to be walking. That's what bike lanes are for. If there are no bike lanes, then you share the road with traffic. Despite the protest of many cagers.
I race bicycles and I get pissed when I pass some one while training that is riding on the wrong side of the road. It's dangerous because you come at traffic much faster.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Let me tell you, on this particular road...

Its safer to ride against traffic then to try and cross the street. Maybe she made mistakes, but he's an idiot for pulling out without looking both ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode