Open for abuse ?? Yes i think so !! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Open for abuse ?? Yes i think so !!

I purchased decembers edition of Superbike mag today and whilist flicking through the pages waiting to be served i could'nt believe my eyes On page 58 there is a picture of a Mille R from the rear, I started to read the caption and it said that for 60 you can get a number plate that folds in half horizontaly at the touch of a button on the dash which is designed for TRACK DAYS YEAH RIGHT and apparantly the switch has a light on it which illuminates when the plate is folded. Surley once this get's around and people start putting these on thier bikes this is going cause havoc for the police ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2001, 08:21 AM

For those interested in this solution for uhh....track days...you can see more about it here.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 07:24 AM

Anyone know where one could be ordered in America? Or at least a site where I didn't have to make an international call to get it. I just gotta have it for those track days. Better safe than sorry.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 10:23 AM

I dont think that anyone would possiblly use this device to evade the long arm of the Law. We are all law abiding citizens on this forum.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 10:49 AM

yadda, yadda, yadda....
Send me two...I'm gonna put one on my car, too.....um...uhh...for those...uhh....track days, yeah.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 10:51 AM

At one time I heard of a plate cover that was basically a LCD screen without the usual reflective backing. Leave the power off and it was just a clear sheet of plastic; supply power and it turns completely black, no moving parts, no homemade plates, etc. I have since looked for this item and haven't found anything. Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and perhaps a supplier even?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 09:07 AM

Frankie, the same company that makes the Integrator kit advertised the "Eclipse" as coming soon, but I haven't heard anything else about it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 12:33 PM

Very good! I'm going to email them and see what's up with it. Their webpage just says "under construction" on the eclipse section. If I find anything good out, I'll post it here.
Thanks DoubleAught
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankieG
Very good! I'm going to email them and see what's up with it. Their webpage just says "under construction" on the eclipse section. If I find anything good out, I'll post it here.
Thanks DoubleAught
Yeah bro, keep us posted, I know that a few of us would be interested in knowing about it, and purchasing one or the other!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 10:02 AM

Well, here's what I was able to find out on the Eclipse license plate cover. I know I intend to keep checking it out, this appears to be exactly what I would like to put on my bike (assuming it doesn't end up being huge and ugly or something)

**** email reply from them ****

Yes, your description is basicaly correct.
The Eclipse is not ready for sale yet, hopefully by the end of this year, or early next year. Keep checking our website for info.

Thanks
Michael D. Wright
M. D. Wright, Inc
www.flashalert.com
800-980-3517

**** my original email ****

> I would like some information on your Eclipse product. I was >told that it is basically a LCD plate cover so it turns black with a >bit of power applied. Is it currently available? I saw it isn't on >your website yet.
> If it is available, what is the price, and do you sell direct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode