Next Bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Question Next Bike?

Hiyas all..I'm a bit of a newbie round here, and I just wanted some advice.
Im coming out of my manditory 250 restriction period and I'm ready for something with a little more boogie..
I need a bike I can commute to work on every day, but is still good for a blast in the twisty stuff. Fuel economy would be nice, (my current 250 does 340ks from a 13 litre tank) and I want something that I can put alot of miles on.
Short list includes Zx-6 2000, Cbr6 1999-2000, SV650s, VFR800 TRX 850 or maybe even an RS sprint.
I havent tried any of these bikes, but I did try a 929 and realised that I didn't need that much horsepower.
Anyone commute everyday on a ZX6 of CBR6? I just want to know if they are bearable in bumper to bumper traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 02:37 AM

Well, your list includes several bikes that would pull your duty very well. You have listed a couple different "styles" of motorcycles, so if I were you, I would decide exactly what I wanted out of a motorcycle before my purchase. If it is a sportbike that you want, in my opinion, you really can't go wrong with any of the late model 600's. I just so happened to have owned a 2000 ZX-6R, and I Loved it. It was very comfortable, for a modern day sportbike, and was a blast to ride. With the ultra-smooth engine (no vibration) and the upright seating position, it would make a great commuter/weekend warrior.

Good Luck with the decision.....
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 03:52 AM

Decisions decisions, I think at the end of the day it's gonna come down to which feels best to sit on and look at cos all the bikes you mentioned will do exactly what you want honest Good luck

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 05:32 AM
Pete

Welcome to SBW. I agree with what has already been said. Get whichever one blows your skirt up.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 05:39 AM

Re: Next Bike?

Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyDazzler

My wife can't play tennis but you should see her Box!

Why, what does her box look like.....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 06:19 AM

Talking

A nice selection of bikes As mentioned previosly you will have to sit on each one and get a test ride if possible to see which one suits you best.
It makes a change from reading posts like "Is a gsxr1000 ok for a newbie". If you are daft enough to ask the question then you are obviosly not ready for a gsxr1000.

Hope you get the right bike for the right price! and enjoy many miles on it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by naefearjustbeer
A nice selection of bikes As mentioned previosly you will have to sit on each one and get a test ride if possible to see which one suits you best.
It makes a change from reading posts like "Is a gsxr1000 ok for a newbie". If you are daft enough to ask the question then you are obviosly not ready for a gsxr1000.

Hope you get the right bike for the right price! and enjoy many miles on it.
Here here !!!!!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Next Bike?

Thanks for all the good advice, gonna try out a ZX6, CBR6 and an SV and see which one gives the highest grin factor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cam McFarland

Why, what does her box look like.....
Heh..that reminds me of a joke..
A guy walks into a doctors and says, "Hey Doc, I gotta problem. I feel absolutely fantastic, but I look like sh*t."
The Doc replies,"ok, lets have a look", and proceeds to give him a full exam...
After the examination the Doc agrees with the man but he's stumped about what the problem could be..
"Just hang on a moment while I consult my medical journal,"
The Doc quickly flicks through his book muttering, "Feels Great, Looks like sh*t, Feels Great but looks like sh*t.
AHA! I've got it!" he exclaims pointing to the page..
"Feels great, but looks like sh*t. You're obviously a C*nt."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode