CORBIN/ Sargeant vs GEL - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation CORBIN/ Sargeant vs GEL

Hey Fellas,

I own a 96' GIX-750. Today I phoned Corbin and spoke to a guy named "Val". I told him I was very serious about me and some of my amigos buying some custom seats. But I told him I heard about a lot of bullshit about Corbin customer service. Val, said he's sorry and all the those smart ass employees are fired. Anyhow, I'm actually more interested in a SARGEANT or FACTORY SUZUKI GEL seat. I'm confused as to which is the better all-around seat. Which is better the SUZUKI GEL or SARGEANT SUPER CELL FOAM??????

Right now I got a stock seat and it's good STOCK foam but I want a better more comfy seat when I do long rides. I want a GEL SEAT for the PILLON(PASSENGER) too but Suzuki doesn't make it. I know I can always get a cheap gel pad by "propad.com" or the gel pad by "Saddlemen" but I would rather have something permanent

WHAT IS SUPER CELL FOAM,,,,,, AND IS IT BETTER THAN GEL?

Guys, help me make a decision here!

Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 07:30 AM

Maybe not what you want to hear, but I've used Corbin seats on my last three bikes, and I think they're great. 600 mile day? No problem. I don't have any experience withthe Sargent or Gel seats you mentioned, but I've ordered 3 Corbins, sent 2 back to be reupholstered after the original covers wore through ( About 60 - 75k miles) and always got my seats back done well, on time, and for the amount quoted. No complaints from me about their service.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 07:38 AM

I would NEVER get a new Corbin just because their customer service is so lousy. I got one for my F3 and its fit was terrible, but I could not get a response from them even after I sent photos. That being said, the seats are extremely comfortable and the detachable backrest is very convenient if you do a lot of 2 up. I just watched the internet for someone selling a used Corbin and bought it for less than 50% retail.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 08:56 AM

Thumbs up I like em

The buyer of that seat you saw for sale may have been me I just picked up a Corbin for my F2 for 70 bucks. I love it, it's very comfortable. I don't do alot of knee dragging (any at all actually) so the fact that it would be hard to hang off of is not really an issue with me. I was hoping it would be a bit more gel-like though. But for 70 bucks I can't complain, and I love how it makes the bike look like it's a solo seat now.

CBRrider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode