Most Comfy 6? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Most Comfy 6?

Hey Peoples....I need your help...What is the most comfy 6? Now, I do realize that this is a subjective question, but your opinions would be greatly appreciated...I am about 5'10", 200lbs....I am looking at the R6, F4i, ZX-6R and Gixxer 6....Opinions please...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg venom.jpg (34.4 KB, 179 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 07:11 AM

Well, the obvious answer is sit on them all and see what fits you best. Now that that is out of the way I'll give an opinion. From most comfortable to least comfortable; ZX6R, F4i, R6, GSXR600.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

thanks smarty-pants!!!!!!!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 07:26 AM

ZX6R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zx6r_cornering.jpg (69.0 KB, 168 views)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 09:24 AM
elo

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
Well, the obvious answer is sit on them all and see what fits you best.

I'll give another opinion. From most comfortable to least comfortable: ZX6R, R6, GSXR600, F4i.

Also, if you have any friends with these bikes, maybe try to take them around the block. Each mfg. has quirks that you might love or hate.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 10:02 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman
Well, the obvious answer is sit on them all and see what fits you best. Now that that is out of the way I'll give an opinion. From most comfortable to least comfortable; ZX6R, F4i, R6, GSXR600.
I would also rank em like this

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 10:29 AM

[But, if you aren't going to be riding for hours and hours every day, I would consider buying the best 600 in its class: the R6.

The Best

That depends on WHO ya talk to, or what Mags ya read, and who their Biggest Advertizer is

Although all bikes are good..I think the BEST, has to be designated as such by it's owner, as being the best for that person, and how it's riden...just mho

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Amber6
Well, if you're only concerned with being comfortable, the mags all say that the Kawi is the comfiest. (granted, that's practically the only nice thing they say about it).

But, if you aren't going to be riding for hours and hours every day, I would consider buying the best 600 in its class: the R6.

I beg to differ there Miss.

SR ranked the ZX6R as 2nd only to the R6 because of a minor suspension tweaking the bike needs. They described the 6R as being "a suspension calibration away from being number one". Cycle World ranked the ZX6R as best 600 in 2000. These were in 2000 of course. I don't think SR tested the 6R against the new GSXR600 & F4i. And I don't think Cycle World has done a 600 test since either. But everyone agrees the GSXR & F4i are uncomfortable. The Gixxer due to its riding position. The F4i due to its seat.

I agree that the R6 is best for the track and/or aggressive twisty road riding. But the ZX6R is best for overall street riding and long distance comfort, yet gives up only a little to the R6's stellar track performance.

But what do I know......I've never ridden any of the above bikes!!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 11:06 AM

I beg to differ
But what do I know......I've never ridden any of the above bikes!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Me either Me either but I know from experience that the Gixxer's the best, cause I own one
Sorry Amber

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 11:34 AM

Talking

Hey, it's not like I expected people to say, "Okay, since Amber says her bike is the best, we'll believe her and we'll assume our bikes are not as good." LOL!

Hey....ya never know, I'm sure there are people on this board, that would welcome your words of wizdom

We all think our bikes/brands are the best!! (I just happen to be the only one who is right ) [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL....Right

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode