Fighting a Red Light Camera Ticket, Advice? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Fighting a Red Light Camera Ticket, Advice?

Anyone had success fighting a Red Light Camera in court?

Here's my case...

In my cage, approaching intersection in left turn lane...enter the intersection with vehicle following closely...light had turned yellow as I entered the intersection, but I felt I was not able to slow down to stop from entering the intersection due to car following so closely...light turns red and I'm on candid camera...

Do I have a defense?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 08:55 AM

Did the cage follow you through th elight? if so, the photo should have a pic of both of you in the intersection? following too close?...attempting to keep a safe distance from a tailing vehicle?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

The photo only shows the front half of my car...can't see to the rear...

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 09:01 AM

if it only shows the front half of your car, how'd they know it was you?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 10:03 AM
Old Guy

Unhappy

Sorry about the ticket. Check the length of the yellow light. Sometimes, it is illegally short. Specific speed limits require a minimum yellow light length. If it's too short, the ticket can be thrown out.

Sometimes, cities shorten the yellow to generate more tickets.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

OK, I'll clarify...

2 pictures...the front view shows my big ugly mug, but you cannot see what is behind my car (only the front half is visible)...

From the rear photo, only the license plate is zoomed in...you cannot see anything else (like the car behind me...).

I'm feeling like this is going to turn into a guilty until proven innocent case in front of the judge...I hate this...I hope the city of Mesa doesn't spend my hard earned money all in one place...maybe a city official can get a hooker or something with my $170.00.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith B
Sorry about the ticket. Check the length of the yellow light. Sometimes, it is illegally short. Specific speed limits require a minimum yellow light length. If it's too short, the ticket can be thrown out.

Sometimes, cities shorten the yellow to generate more tickets.
Yeah, I'm going over by that intersection today...so I'll check the timing on the yellow light interval...thanks for the advice!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 11:16 AM

You know you can buy a tag that diffuses the light from the camera's angle and they can't get your number. Tag cover that is.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 12:38 PM

Fighting a Red Light Camera Ticket, Advice?

Okay, I got a ticket for going through the traffic light also. $75.00 ticket in the mail, paid it. I was definitely guilty, never thought of fighting it! Oh well.

The tag covers that shannon muse speaks of are illegal here in the state of Maryland. They, gov't, are looking for as many ways to get more money from us.

Good Luck, Have you checked the length of time for the yellow light at that intersection?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 12:48 PM

It's against the law to spit on a sidewalk too. A cop isn't going to pull you over for that tag cover, you can't even tell unless your looking at the tag from an angle. When he's behind you he'll never know the difference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode