Speedvision Changes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2001, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Angry Speedvision Changes

I don't know if anyone else saw this or not, but Dean Adams from amasuperbike.com reported that Speedvision will be changing their programming format. Speedvision is moving their whole operation to Charlotte, NC to further build their relationship with NASCAR, and will eventually focus only on NASCAR. Whoooo-eeeeeee! That's all that we need, some mediocre ex-driver who couldn't cut it and a washed up crew chief explaining for 24 hours the ins and outs of turning left, with no coverage of WSBK, MotoGP, FIA World Rally, F1, etc.

Here is the article: http://charlotte.bcentral.com/charlo...15/story6.html

If you would like to express your disgust to Speedvision, please feel free to email them: [email protected]

Last edited by mad kaw; 10-15-2001 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2001, 06:52 PM

I read that as well. Makes me cringe! Damn those rednecks!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2001, 07:34 PM

Well I actually got a personal reply from someone at Speedvison when I sent my complaint like 3 months ago about this. They said that there was no reason to worry, because they could not elemenate something that already produced money. Think about, You go into a new market area to make more money, why would you give up another sector? Give it up so some other Network can pick up that sector and steal your viewers of your new focus? Hell I watch Speedvision all day long and not just for the Sportbikes.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2001, 09:43 PM

Post SpeedVision Changes..

Heres a copy of the e-mail I just sent them. I would urge you all to do the same..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my god.. The end of the world is upon us. I just read an article stating that my holy grail of television as a lover off all things motorsport, SpeedVision, will be moved to Charlotte, renamed, and turned into an all NASCAR station? What in the hell is going on here? I'd rather drive an AMC Gremlin then watch an all NASCAR station. Why should I listen to Bubba drone on week after week about go fast turn left, when I could be listening to legends like Alan DeCanaday talking about what its like to caress a shifter through the gates on a classic Ferrari as it wails through the valley. I love my AMA and World SuperBike racing. I love my FIM Formula 1 GP's. I love to listen to Dave Despain tell me all the juicy news in the Motorcycle industry. I love ALL THINGS MOTORSPORT. SpeedVision is the first thing I turn on when I get home or wake up, and itís what I fall asleep to at night. If you turn SpeedVision into an all tube framed, small block chevy, restrictor plate, super speedway network, I will bet my motorcycle (which I love more than my life), that you will IMMEDIATELY loose ninety percent or more of your viewer base. Please don't take my sole reason for owning a television and screw it up..

A loyal viewer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow me or get the hell outta' the way.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 12:25 AM

I read it and it said they didn't intend to make it all NASCAR at least initially. If you currently have millions of viewers then why alienate them. They could add an aweful lot of NASCAR and still have the current motorcycle racing lineup along with F1 cars. There is alot of crap televised on SV currently that could be removed. Alot of reruns of shows and paid programming.

What I gathered from the reading is that they will eventually test the waters for an all NASCAR channel but don't currently see it as a viable move.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 02:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
write more e-mail.... [email protected]

i wrote them yesterday. i don't save sent items, but i'll post a response if i get one.

and i agree it's not just the loss of motorcycles. rally cars, the scca run-offs and f1.

i can't believe they aren't showing fusa, but they are showing lawn mower racing!!! for real. it's just sad.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 02:27 AM
ronnyzx6r

Quote:
Originally posted by FZR400Tony
i can't believe they aren't showing fusa, but they are showing lawn mower racing!!! for real. it's just sad.
LMAO!

The STOCK lawnmowers were even televised!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode