Nicky Hayden to GP's??? Opinions... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Question Nicky Hayden to GP's??? Opinions...

Check this out: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/01oct...ckyhayden.html

What do you all think. I mean, I think the kid has serious amounts of talent and one day could be a GP contender, but I'm not sure that he's ready for that yet. Besides the fact that the 4-stroke machines of 2002 might be more familiar to him and therefore easier for him to adapt to, not much else is familiar between Superbike and GP bikes, right? What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 03:32 AM

I am selfish and want to keep Nicky here in AMA superbike at least another year. I am not sure he is ready yet for the world stage. No question he is tremenously talented, and my favorite rider, but he is by no means that much beter than Gobert, Maladin and Eric Bostrom all of whom could compete at the next level.

I would love to see Nicky win an AMA superbike title followed by a world title in GP or superbike. Let's let him growup a little more before placing him on the world stage. By the way he has a tremendous personality that is invaluable to Honda USA. I have spoken to him twice and both times he was friendly and appeared to like interacting with fans.

Rick
NCVFR
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 04:46 AM
elo

Keep in mind also that he was offered a spot on the starting grid for the SBK races at Laguna Seca, and declined. He knew he'd get spanked and didn't want the world to see it.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

know what you're talking about...

Quote:
Originally posted by elodello
Keep in mind also that he was offered a spot on the starting grid for the SBK races at Laguna Seca, and declined. He knew he'd get spanked and didn't want the world to see it.
Read this, then speak...

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld.../aug01/gun.htm <--- Last paragraph specifically
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 06:30 AM
elo

Riiiiiiiiight And why didn't Honda want him to ride?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Have you ever met either of the Hayden children? I have met the the three boys and can't imagine any of them turning down that type of opportunity because they were afraid of getting spanked. I can see Honda being afraid but not Nicky.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 07:21 AM

Talking

they should at least give him a shot,
he'll know after that first race if he can hang...
i think it would be a humbling experience for him..but regardless, you have to evolve...

devils playmate
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 08:32 AM
elo

Ha ha! I KNEW I'd get reactions from that post!

In all seriousness, I don't think he's ready for the international circuit yet. Maybe in a year or two.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Ha ha! I KNEW I'd get reactions from that post!

In all seriousness, I don't think he's ready for the international circuit yet. Maybe in a year or two.
Now you're making sense. I agree that he needs a couple more years over here then hit the world scene.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode