My season is over - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy My season is over

Well $%@#. Two deer ran out in front of me Monday evening. Missed the deer but lost the ensuing battle with the road. Not sure about damage to the bike yet. Turn right, go straight. Other than that, seems mostly cosmetic. Rode it home 15 miles and limped into the house. Emergency room Tues morning. Nominal road rash on left forearm (had zipper open on jacket for ventilation). Torn tendon in right ankle. Broken bone in right wrist that gets a pretty little screw in it next Wed. Was wearing full gear (Spidi leather pants & jacket, Sidi Vertebras, Shoei, Teknic gloves). Would have been a lot worse without it!

My fiancee has been wonderful about the whole thing especially since I'll have at least a splint on my wrist during our wedding/honeymoon in 3 weeks. Bike will be fixed eventually (no excuse not to set it up for track days now I guess) and I'll be back on it ASAP. Wear your gear guys; you never know.

BTW: Being righthanded and having to use the mouse lefthanded is frickin' hard! I'm not Jimi F-ing Hendrix!!!

Last edited by tigerblade; 08-31-2001 at 03:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 04:21 PM

Sorry to hear about the crash. Good to hear you're (relatively) unhurt. I've had two guys I know hit deer in the last couple weeks.

Those Sidi boots...are those the Race Vertebras, the ones with the huge ankle support bar? If so, I'm surprised your messed up your ankle so bad...those things look indestructible!

As for using you’re left on the mouse.... After doing it for the last three and a half months, it actually feels awkward for me to use my right now that I have my cast off!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 05:22 PM
Squidwannabe

Geez man,That sucks. I was wondering where you were ?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 06:03 PM

Unhappy

Man, what a tough break. Thanks for letting us know and a reminder to wear our gear. I don't ride much in the evening around where I live because of the deer population. Hope you heal quickly so you can ride. Congrats on the upcoming marriage and have a good time on the honeymoon. Good Luck to ya....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 06:22 PM

I was in the same situation about 3 weeks ago, except I didn't miss the deer. I only suffered some small bruises because I was wearing full gear. Hope you get better quickly and get your bike fixed before winter hits. It can't be stressed enough to wear your gear or you will be sorry. Good Luck man..
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 07:02 PM

That sucks to say least. Hope you get better, and on two weels soon!!

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 09:26 PM

Re: My season is over

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerblade

My fiancee has been wonderful about the whole thing especially since I'll have at least a splint on my wrist during our wedding/honeymoon in 3 weeks

Sorry to hear about the wreck, good thing you were wearing the gear!! Oh yeah, don't worry about the honeymoon, you can still use your left hand to smack that ass!!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2001, 10:33 PM

Talking

Sorry about the wreck, man.
You'll be back in no time! And congrats on the wedding. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 05:39 AM

I'm glad to hear your alright bro doesn't some make a dear whistle that you connect to your car bumper that scares off deer. If so I think I might modify one and place it on my front fender
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2001, 01:20 PM

Tiger, what a bummer man. From what it sounds like, I wear the exact same gear as you, brand and all. I have the Sidi Vertebra's and am now a little concerned since your ankle got jammed up. I'm not trying to be inconsiderate or anything, just wondering what your feeling is about them now since you went down with them.

Sorry again bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode