Best Tankbag? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Best Tankbag?

I am breaking down to buy a tankbag for some longer trips. I would like to get some recommendations or "bags to avoid" advice from everyone. I am leaning to magnetic bags, but will go with whatever.

Thanks.

Bob

BTW I am on a ZX-7R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 03:43 PM

I've got Joe Rockets "Multi Tank Bag". It has two bags that zip together (not so good for shorter riders though). Has a magnet base which holds it firmly in place. The magnet zips off to reveal a water proof cover and shoulder straps so the bag can be used as a backpack. I'm very happy with it. Has just enough room to hold everything necessary for a weekend getaway.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 04:01 PM

I have been looking at this bag called Rocket Locker it locks on in place of your rear seat so it is locked for one and it is not in the way on the tank. just my .02

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 08:23 AM

I currently use TourMaster's Mini-Magnetic Cortech Tankbag. As it's name implies, it's designed for daylong or shorter trips. However, it is expandable to accept 40% more of its original capacity. Things I like about it are: Strong magnets that make security straps unnecessary; Magnetic Shielding to prevent destruction of credit cards and the like; Various little pockets on the inside of the zippered cover to hold small items--even a pocket for a magazine & pockets for pens; clear map pocket on top. It comes with a raincover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag.jpg (20.9 KB, 86 views)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:16 AM

as long as we are one the subject of bags can anyone one recommend a good tail bag? i don't have one but it seems a tank bag would heavily restrict movement when riding. i like to move around a bit when i ride. or am i all wrong?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:27 AM

My current Tailbag is TourMaster's Cortech Deluxe Tailbag/Dufflebag. One of the best I've used so far. Things I like about it: Swallows a lot of stuff without looking like a skyscraper; Has 2 side pockets for big stuff you wish to seperate; Has 2 smaller outside pockets for small stuff; Has an internal pocket behind the zippered Cover; Comes with a Rain Cover & shoulder strap. Overall, it's a very high quality piece with lots of well thought out features. TM always advertises that their products are designed by riders. This bag bears that out.

Check their bags out here: http://tourmaster.com/luggage_bags.html#

Last edited by Rogue_Biker; 07-26-2001 at 09:30 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Nappyboy
as long as we are one the subject of bags can anyone one recommend a good tail bag? i don't have one but it seems a tank bag would heavily restrict movement when riding. i like to move around a bit when i ride. or am i all wrong?
Check out the post above about the Rocket Locker (www.rocketlocker.com).

Seems like the way to go.

Bob
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:30 AM

For some reason, I can't get the magnetic tankbags to stay on.

Any suggestions?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 09:40 AM

I now have an RKA magnitic bag. Works great, best part lifetime warranty. I had a Tour Master and the zippers started to fall apart, and after 1 year, no warranty. My moneys on the RKA even though a little bit more.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 10:14 AM

Thumbs up Good one

I have the exact same bag as RogueBiker. I didnt know it had the magnet block, but once I had my wallet in the main compartment and I freaked when I realized it, but nothing got deactivated. hmm, cool

The only problem Ive had with it is keeping the bottom clean, this is a must with all tank bags though. I finally started putting a piece of T-Shirt between the tank and bag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode