Remember this dumbass? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Thumbs up Remember this dumbass?

A few months ago we had a story on the guy below and that he was trying to sell his used F4 on eBay for $10,000

He signed it and was offering a copy of the ticket as part of the purchase. Well needless to say all of us at Sportbike world had a nice laugh at this guy.

Now it's his turn in court, and not only did he get the fine and jail time, he did not sell the bike.

Quote:
Biker who hit 160 mph gets jail, $500 fine

July 24, 2001

BY FRANK MAIN CRIME REPORTER

Daemond Rogan's big speeding ticket was the talk of the family reunion in Peoria last weekend.

Relatives approached Dean Rogan II about whether he was the one busted for driving 160 mph on a 1999 Honda CBR 600 F4 on Lake Shore Drive on May 16.

''I said, 'No, that's my brother. I'm not into speed,' '' Dean Rogan II said.

The brother, Daemond Rogan, 32, of Calumet City, pleaded guilty Monday in Traffic Court to reckless driving and aggravated speeding and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine, said Marcy O'Boyle, a spokeswoman for the Cook County state's attorney's office. He'll lose his driving privileges for a year, she said.

Rogan had been unrepentant after his arrest, telling a reporter that his dream was to hit 200 mph. In May, after he went to the auto pound to pick up his souped-up cycle, he popped a wheelie.

Rogan was doing 160 in a 40 mph zone when police spotted him near Lake Shore Drive and Grand Avenue.

''We're pleased with the sentence,'' police spokesman David Bayless said. ''It sends a message that this kind of excessive speeding in the city will be dealt with with swift and harsh punishment.''

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 12:58 PM

Arrow

They ran a few paragraphs about him in this month's Motorcyclist. If only we could all be as cool as Daemond...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 01:09 PM

The cop's name was Bayliss? Daemond was riding a Honda. Coincidence... I don't think so.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 01:59 PM

Arrow

There's a guy in town who changes tires at Wal-Mart (not that I get my tires changed at Wal-Mart) by the name of Freddy Spencer.

(And yes, I know Fast Freddie's is spelled differently)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode