Harley VROD - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Harley VROD

If you haven't already seen it, check it out

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/12july01hdvrod.html

Opinions?

I'm not much into cruisers but I think this one has the sexiest lines I've seen. Everything on it flows, it's a piece of art. Dual overhead cams, liquid cooled, FI, four valve heads, and they're spinning it to 9000RPM. It's a complete departure from traditional Harley that has the masses crying foul. But I think it's great.

Two thumbs up for Harley for taking a chance. I hope they are rewarded for it. I think there are enough dentists and lawyers buying Harleys now that don't want to spend hours working on their shovelhead or panhead or..... I think they'll sell really well.

Last edited by Birdman; 07-20-2001 at 08:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 07:29 AM
Squidwannabe

I don't linke the design, but the engine isn't bad... Pete, I think I see your new bike. *RUB* !
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 11:50 AM

I've been a die hard Harley nut since I was 15 and up until a couple of years ago (I'm 22 now) I never dreamed of owning a Japanese crotch rocket. I've changed my mind because I developed a need for speed in a bad way starting with my Mustang. So obviously sick fast motorcycles were the next step. I still like Harley's but thought they were kind of ancient and now with this new engine I like Harley's more all over again. I think it has sweet lines and the new engine is the new face of Harley in the coming years in my opinion, same as the 4.6L modular engine in the new Mustangs. Pushrods are dead and it's about time these American auto/cycle companies are getting out of the dark ages of the internal combustion engine. It's die hard Harley guys and drag racers that refuse to see the advantages of these newer engine designs.

Beau

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 12:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
I'm hopeing to see this motor in a new Buell, I have no use for a motorcycle with a 60 something inch wheel base and a 650 pound dry weight.

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 12:49 PM
Founder

I've owned two Harleys in the past and I like the VROD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 071201top.jpg (78.5 KB, 127 views)

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 06:53 PM

Unhappy

It's still gonna be an overpriced bike!! Techno dinosaur......
The Honda or Yamaha version of this "new" craze are better bargains!!

JIM
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 08:54 PM

Harley's are in high demand. I don't know if it's still true but there used to be a three year waiting list for a new one. I think that is true anyway. There is nothing else like a Harley either. The demand, uniqueness (is that a word?) and the name plate on the tanks costs the money admitedly but imported cruisers aren't too much less for a comparable bike are they? I've never inquired, I wouldn't know.

Beau
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 09:14 PM

Thumbs up

Pretty cool lookin!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 10:34 PM

I sit corrected, the 2002 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior looks a heeell of a lot like a Harley and is around 12 grand when a comparable Harley is around 16 grand. Now that is a sweet bike, uh, not the Harley.

Beau
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2001, 07:47 AM

It looks like a Yamaha Warrior to me, just give me the Honda VTX 1800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode