GSX-R 1000 vs Hayabusa results - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

GSX-R 1000 vs Hayabusa results

Well I had the pleasure of getting to race my buddies GSX-R 1000 vers a local Hayabusa. The Busa was modified with a full exhaust, power commander, and 3 teeth down in the front. The gixxer was bone stock.

We did it from a roll at about 25mph. The first race I jumped on him in the gixxer and held a 2 bike lead till we hit 3rd and he started to pull on me. When I went to fourth he pulled about 2 bike lenghts ahead. I missed the 3rd-4th shift so this may have had something to do with it. But I was very surprised this modded busa didn't pull harder. The second race was a little more even and he pulled slightly and won by about the same amount. He stopped racing when he hit the redline in 6th, and the gixxer was only at the top of 5th, at an indicated 185, so since he was down in gearing he deffinitly lost top end.

All in all it was a great race, and I had a blast. The fastest I've ever been on a bike, or anything for that mattter. If your wondering why I was racing my freinds bike, its cause me and the busa driver were the same weight and size. My buddie is about 50#s heavier, and he lost by alot more because of that.

And before I get any remarks about safety and the such. This was out in the middle of no where on the edge of town, a brand new road that is used for garbage trucks ( so no traffic on sunday morning). We were out there at about 8am. Both of us had on leathers, boots, helmet, and many people to watch for cars. So it was safe as possible.

Last edited by luckyguy19; 07-15-2001 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 05:29 PM

Lightbulb

Sounds like a good race...You said you were at 185 MPH at the end of 5th? Sounds pretty odd if the Gixxer is stock. Thats some pretty bad speedo error.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 06:10 PM

Question

Sounds to me like there is something wrong with that Busa. If it was down a couple teeth on the front sprocket it'd crush a stock 1000 in a roll on. A stock Busa (ridden correctly) is about .25 sec. quicker in the quarter than a stock 1000. Stock for stock theres approx a 10hp diff, and about 25 ft lbs of torque advantage for the Busa (yes kiddies, that's a bunch). Next thing is the 1000 is restricted to 176 mph while a Busa isn't...unless it's a 2001, their nuetered at 187.I realize there's the speedo error thingy, my Busa still pulls like hell when you peg the speedo (185)...My guess is that the PC2 map needs a little tweeking. Now if this was in MAJOR twisties, the Busa wouldn't stand a chance, but on a straight line run... Dunno, guess I'm going to have to take my stock geared, bolt-on exhaust, yosh remapped slow pig Busa out and kick some gixxer 1000 booty!...or maybe not:angry:

ps. this was not written by apex...

Thanks
Mr. apex.....owner of the fastest Busa, ..on my street anyway

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 08:33 PM

Sounds to me like you had your ass handed to you twice.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, as long as you win"

Last edited by funksouljon; 07-15-2001 at 08:38 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Mr. apex.....owner of the fastest Busa, ..on my street anyway
You done the airbox mod yet?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well it dosen't really matter to me, for one the gixxers not my bike, I just happened to be a good rider that was the right weight. And second, I'd be pretty proud if it was my bike, he didn't walk away from me, and he was modded and the gixxer wasn't. If the gixxer had a pipe and power commander, I'm pretty confident it would have won. Not too bad for being down 300cc, aerodynamics, and a few mods.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 12:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
Quote:
Originally posted by luckyguy19

Well it dosen't really matter to me, for one the gixxers not my bike, I just happened to be a good rider that was the right weight. And second, I'd be pretty proud if it was my bike, he didn't walk away from me, and he was modded and the gixxer wasn't. If the gixxer had a pipe and power commander, I'm pretty confident it would have won. Not too bad for being down 300cc, aerodynamics, and a few mods.
lets try to remember that the Busa has a longer wheel base and is more than 100lbs heavier than the gixxer1000, I think comparing the two by drag racing is pointless

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by apex
Next thing is the 1000 is restricted to 176 mph while a Busa isn't...
Where did you hear the 1000 is restricted to 176, I've hit an indicated 185 and still pulling when it was bone stock.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 05:02 AM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, as long as you win"

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 06:57 AM

Re: GSX-R 1000 vs Hayabusa results

Quote:
Originally posted by luckyguy19
Well I had the pleasure of getting to race my buddies GSX-R 1000 vers a local Hayabusa. The Busa was modified with a full exhaust, power commander, and 3 teeth down in the front. The gixxer was bone stock.

We did it from a roll at about 25mph. ........
Why did you guys do a rolling start? I don't see the point in that.

That was an interesting match up though. I would have to agree with Mr. Apex as a modded Busa as you described would EASILY walk away from any stock bike, including the ZX12R. Most especially a lowly GSXR1000! Hell! A STOCK Busa will walk away from a stock GSXR1000 anyday. Oh well. Maybe one of the mags will do an interesting comparo between the two bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode