So what attracted you to your current bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
HUS

Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Cool So what attracted you to your current bike?

Was it the manufacturer? The model name (GSXR, CBR, Ninja and so on)? The look? The history behind that particular bike? Because it was a new production model? Because it was different? The power? The performance? What?

Just curious.

Mine was because of its overall performance and the fact that Ducati's are unique and because I've wanted one since I was 15 years old because of the way it looked (poser )

PEACE!!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 07:52 PM

In all reality, the 600 sportbikes are very similar performers. So, for me it came down to the little nit picky stuff. I really liked the way the F4i looked and was set on getting one, then I noticed that when the low beams are on only one is lit. To me this has an unbalanced look. Same problem with the zooks(also I never cared for them). Then it was down to the R6 and the 6R. A friend had pointed out to me that everybody has the Yamaha so I chose to be a little different and get the Ninja. Obviously I had to get a green one.

I'm out.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 09:21 PM

Cool I went lookin for a Suzuki

The dealer also sold Triumph and I was hooked. I loved the looks and I wanted to be different. The nice thing is that even the Harley guys like 'em.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 12:04 AM

I can't glorify my decision-making process.... It was the easiest, I had enough parts in my garage from having a few of them before that I could've built two....

I am DONE w/ gixxers after this one....gotta get onto something I can enjoy!
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 12:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
I like black motorcycles and anything that makes a GSXR1100 go fast works on the bandit.

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 05:31 AM

Talking

From the first day the bandit hit the magazines, I thought yip i gotta get one of those. It is one of those bikes that makes me go Grrrrrrrr. Every one that owns one gripes about the handling , well any one that pushes it round the corner does. So it give you lots of choice for modification lots of gsxr parts slot in no problems. Most of the bikes that i have seen have been modified and it makes them a bit more individual. ie not all plastic covered clones of everyone else
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 07:28 AM

I rode a Ducati 916 years ago and it blew me away how different a V-twin was to a Inline 4.

I was hooked, so i finally decided my next bike would be a V-twin. The sound, power, engine braking is awesome!! I bought an Aprilia because its more comfortable/cheaper/maintenance is easier then a Duke. I ride alot, and if i owned a Duke i'd be a hurting fool hehe.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 07:40 AM

Performance, Performance, Performance, Oh and Performance. I also like the way it looks even though others may not. I like the fact that it looks so close to the 750 and 600 that if I take the 1000 sticker off no one knows. I have also been a mechanic for all 4 Jap companies and they all sucked ass to work on except Suzuki. Well Yamaha wasn't bad either. Plus the support is second to none You'll never have to wait for 3 weeks for a tech rep to call back like the other companies. I guess I'm just happier with the company in general.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 08:12 AM

Well it had to be a Honda, and I was looking for something that would be good for to/from work yet fun in the twisties. I was coming from a 900RR which was beating me to/from work and honestly, thats where I put on most of my miles.

I also liked that the VFR is rare in that its from one of the big four Jap makers yet has a V-Four, single sided swing arm, side mounted radiators and that gear driven cam. I just LOVE the V-Four motor and Im kinda hooked on the V-motors now I think. This bike is so good at everything -except raw power- its amazing. Plus I think its a really good looking ride too.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2001, 08:13 AM

Namely Performance. I started seriously riding streetbikes on a brand new 92 FZR 600, which, at the time, was a serious bike in the 600cc class. From there I moved up to a 95 GSXR 750,again a class leader, and added quite a few mods. I sold it in 97 for the class leading CBR 900 RR and put quite a few mods on that bike, as I club raced for a while. After bashing myself and the bike up at the track (quite a few times,lol ). I sold the stalwart 900 and purchased my brand new blue cruise missle,a 2001 Yamaha YZF R-1. It's performance, handling, and asthetics just can't be beat in my opinion. There are some who would argue with me about that, but they can't catch up with me.

Follow me or get the hell outta' the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode