Ok, here is your chance to talk trash about other bikes! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Your bike?
Aprilia 6 2.80%
Buell 3 1.40%
Ducati 11 5.14%
Honda 62 28.97%
Kawasaki 49 22.90%
Suzuki 40 18.69%
Triumph 6 2.80%
Yamaha 37 17.29%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Exclamation Ok, here is your chance to talk trash about other bikes!

Ok, you know we all do it, I know we all do it. But in trying not to start a flame war around here we try and stay away from talking trash about others choice of bike.

Until now.....

My personal thoughts are it does not matter what bike ya ride, as long as you are on two wheels (Yes, even a Harley Davidson of which I've owned two) But every now and then it's nice to get a little shit talking off your chest.

We do have a few rules.
[list=1][*]No personal attacks[*]Try to keep the vaulgar language to a minimum[*]If you get to pissed off, take a break and post your reply once you have settled down.[*]You must own the make of bike you vote for above.[*]Keep the trash talking in this thread only please.[/list=1]

So let it all out, this is probably the only chance your going to get.

Suzuki's:

gixxer 600, 750, and 1000:
Jesus Christ can you make the bikes look at least a little different? Sure they have some great HP and handle nice, but the are as original as a priest who likes little boys!

Katana:
I can peddle my 10 speed faster! Why would you put fairings on a damn crusier anyway? And that damn tailight, you KNOW what that looks like....

TLS and TLR:
There is a reason why Suzuki stopped racing them in the AMA Formula Extreme series. Because the rear end handles like shit! Try and get fancy and put the damn shock the wrong direction and look what it got you, a bike that wiggles more in a corner that a damn belly dancer!

Bandit:
Huh? Can't afford a REAL Sportbike?

Hayabusa:
The only way you can get one of these to corner good is if you dump it on it's side and spin it around on the ground. And the headlight? Looks like a huge nose with a pimple on the front of it. If you have a small penis this is the bike for you, goes 200mph in a straight line only.

Honda's:

If you own a "Honda Card" and look closly at the finance company who runs it here in the states it's...... Harley Davidson Finance Company! (Enough Said)

CBR600F4i:
Can you say "Jump on the fuel injected bandwagon?" Face it, even with FI it's STILL getting it's ass kicked in the 600SS series and all of the mags. The only time it will beat a ZX6R is if both bikes are 40,000 feet above sea level.

CBR600F3, F2, and F1:
Can you say "Trunk"? Not if you ride one of these bikes. About the only thing they are good for is if you crash one and need spare plastics as all the squids bought them in the mid 90's and there are a ton of plastics in all the junkyards.

CBR900RR and 929RR:
Get over it, the only reason Honda won all of the Formula Extreme races is because they (and Erion Racing) spent 15 times as much money than anyone else. Let me ask you a question, how many races has the 929 won THIS year? As a matter of fact, how many of ANYTHING has the 929 won this year?

RC51:
RCJohn owns one. (Enough said!)

Yamaha:

R1:
The squid bike of the new generation. The only bike where the riders fight over which color is faster than the other.

R6:
I lapped one of these with my heavy ass ZX9R out at Phoenix International Raceway a few months ago. I must admit it looked real pretty as I flew by it. (And they call the R6 a track bike???)

FZ1:
See the "Bandit" quote above.

Ducati (All models)
For riders who have nothing better to spend their money on other than a way over priced bike that needs a new valve adjustment every 3,000 miles.

Buell (All models)
Hey, at least we tried right?

Triumph:
See "Buell" quote above.

Aprilia:
You all suck, why? Because I want one.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Robert; 07-14-2001 at 12:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 11:05 PM

Robert's just pissed off, he wanted to see how his bike did in the latest shoot out, and the testers didn't even bother with a ZX9. (Maybe they used a brick as a stand -in)

Hey Cheese, If you ask real nice I can find a couple issues from 1998 where the ZX9 kicked ass. I hear they put more stickers on it this year, so it should go even faster!!!!
post #3 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by oldgixer
Robert's just pissed off, he wanted to see how his bike did in the latest shoot out, and the testers didn't even bother with a ZX9. (Maybe they used a brick as a stand -in)
naaaa... They would never do that as the brick would beat the 929 and Honda pays for %50 of the motorcycle mags advertising (The other 50% is paid for by Yamaha).

Robert Basil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Founder

OldGixer,

You know, I think Suzuki stole the tail lights off a 1985 Honda Accord and slapped it on the back of your old gixxer. Why would you want such a HUGE back brake light anyway, it's not like anyone ever get's to see it.

Robert Basil

post #5 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
OldGixer,

You know, I think Suzuki stole the tail lights off a 1985 Honda Accord and slapped it on the back of your old gixxer. Why would you want such a HUGE back brake light anyway, it's not like anyone ever get's to see it.

The huge light is so riders on Kawasaki Heavy Industries bikes can see where we are after trying to keep up for 3 minutes. Of course this only works if the road is straight for a couple of miles.
post #6 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 01:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
Kawasaki puts a catalytic converter in the collector and muffler of their new ZX models AND they admit it that is just wrong

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
post #7 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 07:03 AM

I'll be short and sweet

Kawasaki - Green with envy, heavy, underpowered, slow, low technology, ill handling, pieces of Beeeeeep.

Honda - Over refined, wan-a-be bike.

Yamaha - Sorry can't really say anything bad about them. Other then the R1 is a little slow

Suzuki - Simply the best company to deal with ( I've been with all so don't try and tell me I'm wrong) Has come the farthest in the last 10 years to become the best performance bike manufacturer in the business.

Ducati - No bang for your buck.

Harley - The biggest wan-a-be bike there is, outragous price with 1800's technology.

Ok that got a little longer then I thought. The truth is all of these bikes are so close (with one exception I'll let you guess which) that it really doesn't matter. Everyother year there is someone making something better.
post #8 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 07:05 AM

Re: Ok, here is your chance to talk trash about other bikes!

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Aprilia:
You all suck, why? Because I want one.
Don't we all.

Seriously though, my problem is not with a particular brand of bike per se (as I'll probably never be so good I'll be able to take any of them to it's limits), its the damned squids who flock to a particular make/model. It's really too bad, all these bikes are so damned good and they have to get reputations based on the exploits of wife beater wearing morons who can't ride for sh*t. A couple weeks ago some teen age idiot pulls up next to me at a gas station on a lowered, chromed out R6 with a swingarm that extended well past the tail-light. He starts talking trash about how good he is, how well his bike performs, and then asks me "Hey what kind of rice-burner you on? I've never heard of that before." Give me a f-in break! :angry:

What were/are these bikes? Early to mid 90's- gixxers; now- gixxers/ Yamaha's. Every time I see one see one, I almost automatically assume the rider is an a**hole. Unfortunately, of the guys I've met I've been right about 4 out of 5 times. Thats the great thing about this site. Most of you here actually know what you are talking about regardless of your ride, and I've learned quite a bit from a number of you. Anyway, I guess this started slightly off topic to begin with, and went further. Sorry about that.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #9 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 11:36 AM

If Suzuki was the only sportbike manufacture, then I'd be forced to buy a cruiser. I don't care how fast or how well they perform, to me they (GSXR's) are the blandest, boringest, cookie cutter bikes out there. It's just not a bike I could be passionate for, which to me is a pretty important part of motorcycling. Then again I haven't rode one yet...
post #10 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-14-2001, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hysyde
If Suzuki was the only sportbike manufacture, then I'd be forced to buy a cruiser. I don't care how fast or how well they perform, to me they (GSXR's) are the blandest, boringest, cookie cutter bikes out there. It's just not a bike I could be passionate for, which to me is a pretty important part of motorcycling. Then again I haven't rode one yet...
You'll change your mind if you're ever lucky enough to ride one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode