What year are these plastics on my bike?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

What year are these plastics on my bike??

The bike I have is a 1997 CBR f3. After looking in several magazines and over the internet, I think I may have 1996 colors - I bought it used, and every used bike has a few stories to tell. - Is this year 96 and 97 - I have never ever seen another 97 with this color and I know 95 through 98 is identical body work. I am getting ready to order some OEM body work and I don't know the year I should be looking at. Does anyone know the years of this plastic???? Pic below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike3.jpg (58.6 KB, 63 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 09:17 AM

Question

IF identical plastics, then it doesn't matter.

Did you check that link I gave you in the other post??
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 09:28 AM

Arrow

You have '96 bodywork anyway. The tail section on the '95/'96 is slightly different than the '97/'98. The newer tail looks more "squished" from top to bottom. There was a purple/yellow combo in '97 but it's a different graphics scheme. You're sure the rest of the bike is a '97? Is your tach black or white?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 09:31 AM

Good eye Tiger!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerblade
You have '96 bodywork anyway. The tail section on the '95/'96 is slightly different than the '97/'98. The newer tail looks more "squished" from top to bottom. There was a purple/yellow combo in '97 but it's a different graphics scheme. You're sure the rest of the bike is a '97? Is your tach black or white?
Well, my frame id sticker says 1997. I believe my speedo is black and the tach is white. - Good question - don't have my bike today - funny how you look at them all the time, but I can't recall the color.

If the tail section is different, I really need to know what plastic I have - I thought all 95 through 98 was the same, but now know it is not - thanks!

Yes CliffRock, I checked the link - thanks for the info - they are cheaper on some parts than the others - I appreciate it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 11:33 AM

The subframe is the same so I imagine the bodywork from all F3s will work on any other. The mounting points are all the same (my brother has a '98 and I used to have a '95). I don't think you'll have a problem fitting them from any of those years. Black tach=95 or 96. White tach was introduced in 97.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode