Piss Drunk roomate dumps my bike. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Piss Drunk roomate dumps my bike.

Have to vent on this one. This morning I woke up to go to work and noticed that my bike had been moved to the side of the garage. It was parked in one of the two stalls as I was working on rewiring the ignition. Of course, I had my seat off to get to the battery, so my rear plastics were off (F3 seat bolts only accessible after removing the plastic). I guess he thought his jeep was more important and decided my bike was in the way, so he moved it the side - which pissed me off in the first place, because my other roomate owns the house and he usually parks there, but he was out of town. I don't like people moving my bike around for no reason anyway, and he had to have seen that the rear plastics were hanging off touching the ground, hanging from the tail light wires. So he just decides to grab it I suppose and start pushing it around. I checked the bike over and noticed my main right side fairing was scratched up and looked closer and was missing some paint. I then looked at my rear brake and noticed it looked out of place and my mirror was scratched and bent in all the way. It obviously fell down. He will try to lie his way out of it and will never tell me unless I bring it up. Their is purple paint on the garage floor where the bike slammed the ground and tracing back to the rear brake, it lines up perfectly with gouges in the concrete along with my pipe. It is VERY obvious what happened. I always knew he was disrespectful and in general a no good piece of shit, but he really had no other reason to move my bike, ---only to convenience him - I am going to make him pay for the repaint on my fairing, my mirror, pipe clamps, and a new rear brake lever. Does this sound fair???? I know it was an accident, but to not even tell me really bothers me. He uses people all the time, takes advantage of them, and I think it is time he pays up. Anybody been in this situation before? Side question - how do I find out what color purple is on my CBR for color matching - Do automotive paints shops generally know how to spray plastics?

At about 10:00 am, I wanted to drive straight home and kick his ass, now I just want my bike fixed. It would be different if he was not a selfish idiot. There was no reason to move my bike when it was obvious I was working on it. How would you guys approach him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 01:29 PM

What a dick. I'd take it out of his ass, THEN get payment for the bike.

If he has vehicle insurance, make him file an accident claim. I wouldn't re-paint anything. Hell, make his insurance restore it to "new condition." That's just plain shitty.

If you want, I have a couple friends named Salvatore and Guido. I'd be more than happy to give you their numbers.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 01:47 PM
elo

Ditto

Quote:
Originally posted by 748 abuser

If he has vehicle insurance, make him file an accident claim. I wouldn't re-paint anything. Hell, make his insurance restore it to "new condition." That's just plain shitty.
If he's like that, you'll never see the money out of him. Bring it up with him, and if he denies it fully, report it to the police as a hit and run, and give them his license plate. Hell, even if he does admit to it but gives you a hard time, threaten that that's what you'll do. There's nothing wrong with a little "persuasion."

Insurance is the way to go. Just don't back down and make it clear that you intend to have your bike restored to the condition it was in BEFORE this guy touched it.

-Erica

P.S. That REALLY sucks.:angry:

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 02:36 PM

Hell yes he should pay. And not for a repaint. I agree with Paul, restore to original condition. Sounds like he has a vehicle that could be mysteriously damaged if he were to try and get out of paying. I would file a claim myself.

Good luck.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn
Sounds like he has a vehicle that could be mysteriously damaged if he were to try and get out of paying.
George Hayduke has many books available if you need any help in this department.:angry:
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 02:55 PM

I'd get the money, THEN beat his stupid ass!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 04:20 PM

he should pay financially. Beat his ass if he pays, beat his ass if he doesn't. If he won't pay, start hawking his sh*t till you make enough money to cover your expenses.
He have rims on the jeep? Man that would suck if some neighborhood kid took them.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 05:19 PM

Thumbs down

Sorry about the bike, dog.
Listen to the above posts. They're right.
Hope it goes well, let us know.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 05:50 PM

I went through a somewhat similar situation. What it boiled down to (I cant remember the legalese) was that if he moves your vehicle without your permission, he is liable. If you can prove what happened, I'd file a police report and give him the option to pay you upfront for damages or go after him through his insurance company. There also may be some renters insurance issues as well, but I don't know for sure.

Then, once you are paid, I'd kick the ever living sh*t out of him. A**hole. Nothing is worse than a disrespectful room-mate. But thats just my opinion. Hopefully when you're through with him, he'll be to embarassed to call the cops.

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 06:45 PM

Wink

Quote:

If you want, I have a couple friends named Salvatore and Guido. I'd be more than happy to give you their numbers. - Paul "748_abuser"
Oddly enough, I agree with Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode