Jardine Exhaust! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Jardine Exhaust!

Hi, this is one of your friends over at Jardine Performance Exhaust. To be honest I have been behind the times and have only recently stumbled upon the wonderful world of forums. When I first visited, I immediately searched for "jardine" just to see what kind of a buzz there is for us. I was disheartened to find that there are a large amount of negative posts that include our name. So heres the deal, I would like everyone who has had a good or bad experiance with our company and/or product to please post what it was and describe the experiance. This is not a joke, it is the beginning of a better product! I truely appreciate any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 01:37 PM

Gonna move this over to Daily Rider. You'll get a better response from our members...please let myself or Robert know if we can be of any assistance.

Thanks
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 05:21 PM

Sorry, I haven't commented either way since I have no experiance with them.
But, if Jardine makes 900SS slip-ons, I will test them for a 99 Ducati 900SS streetbike and give you a evaluation of them!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 05:07 AM
Pete

I have no firsthand experience with Jardine exhaust systems, but I have heard lots of negative comments. I have often asked the question, "What is wrong with Jardine exhausts?" because I was curious. No one yet has been able to give me much of an answer. It's all this "my brother has a friend who talked to an acquaintance's cousin and he said they suck" kinda stuff. The only thing that *I* know that I don't like about Jardine pipes is that huge logo plate that wraps almost halfway around the pipe.

Like Jon, I'd be more than willing to do some testing on my CBR929RR. I only have time to test two pipes, a standard mount titanium bolt-on (round), and a hi-mount carbon fiber half system (oval). If this can be arranged, I'll gladly furnish you with a shipping address.

Oh, and welcome to SBW!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 05:08 AM

Arrow

To tell you the truth, I inquired about Jardine here on the forums when I was looking for a slip-on. There was a question about build quality I think that turned me elsewhere. Word-of-mouth is powerful when it comes to interest groups!
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 05:49 AM

Thumbs up

I picked up a Jardine slip-on for a Yamaha R1 to use on a custom project. I gotta say that even though I haven't mounted it, it is very nice looking. I was most impressed with the build quality of the thing. The weld are very pretty.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Smile

In response to Pete, we have redesigned our canister badge to about 60% the original size. I think everyone will agree that it looks much better than before. All new exhausts that we manufacture will have the new size badge on them!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 07:35 AM
Pete

Thumbs up

Much, much better!!!
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 07:40 AM

Thumbs up

Looks good!
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 08:47 AM

For what it's worth, I like the smaller emblem a lot better also. I hope you really plan to do that. As long as we're doing a little constructive criticism, your web site could use a lot of help too. A lot of people (especially those that are found in forums) use the web extensively when searching for or researching a product for their bike. The info available on your web site is pretty limited and appears to be quite a bit behind the times. Personally, I use the web for this purpose and your site gives me a "cheap" or "slapped together" perception that effects my view of the entire company. When it comes to my bike (and spending money) I fear the unknown. For me, you can't have too much information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode