Went reflector-crazy today... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Went reflector-crazy today...

After a girl I ride with got in a wreck last Friday because somebody didn't see her...I went out today and went reflective-shit crazy. Helmet's got reflective tape on it, got a vest, and these kool little armband/legband thingies. I hope this helps...we should all think about this kind of stuff. If somebody sees you and thinks you look like a jackass, then they saw you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reflgear.jpg (27.9 KB, 132 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

helmet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helmetsback.jpg (43.7 KB, 127 views)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

All that shiny blue shit is reflective tape, actually vinyl from a sign shop. Think this will help? It's on the front, too...

Jared
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helmetleft.jpg (35.5 KB, 125 views)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:10 AM

LOL!

Not bad ideas at all, especially if something does happen, the cager cant readily claim 'they didnt see you" without looking like a complete idiot themselves.

Personally, I'd rather be a "seen jackass" (which is normal for me anyways ), then an unseen dead jackass
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Found some more reflective vinyl crap...Now, you can see at least 2 lines of it from any direction. Looks like ass, but it SHINES.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helmetreflright.jpg (43.7 KB, 111 views)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 07:07 AM

Tapeworks.com has tape that is CLEAR until it reflects at night. They sell "rim" stripe which makes yours rims look like halos at night.
Also, someone makes a real helmet "halo". Its about an inch and a half of extremely reflective tape for the bottom lip of your helmet. I have seen them at night and I can't say I didn't see those jackasses
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 07:28 PM

Re: Went reflector-crazy today...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay-C
After a girl I ride with got in a wreck last Friday because somebody didn't see her...I went out today and went reflective-shit crazy. Helmet's got reflective tape on it, got a vest, and these kool little armband/legband thingies. I hope this helps...we should all think about this kind of stuff. If somebody sees you and thinks you look like a jackass, then they saw you.
Sorry to hear your "Girl" that you ride with had a wreck. I ride a r6 with double head lights, and I get "high beamed" all the time telling me to put my bike on low beams. I rode home late on a saturday night, had to lock them up. Some idiot pulled right out in front of me. I don't believe in this "don't see me crap" to much. People just don't give a damn about motorcycle riders. Well, I know this person saw me cuz she stopped in the middle of the road. I know if I hit the person or the person hit, me I know exactly what they would have said "I didn't see him" To me it is [email protected]#$, they see us, I see motorcycle riders all the time and watch out. Police officers need to stop letting people use this as a excuse the run over bike riders. :angry:

Another thing that might help riders is, don't ride late at night ( alcoholic drinkers, idiots that want to get home in a hurry, etc.) I tend NOT to ride on friday and saturday nights because in my town the "idiots" are always out.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 07:48 PM
GIX

That was a good idea dog. The Marine Corps makes it manditory for us riders to wear the vest when riding around on base.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GIX
That was a good idea dog. The Marine Corps makes it manditory for us riders to wear the vest when riding around on base.
Yeah, I have to wear one on base, too. I hate it. I don't think they do a damn thing, in daylight anyway, besides messin' up my color coordination. Word, yo!

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".

Last edited by scotty; 07-11-2001 at 09:04 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 08:37 PM

Re: Re: Went reflector-crazy today...

Quote:
Originally posted by richardr6
...I don't believe in this "don't see me crap" to much. People just don't give a damn about motorcycle riders...
Are you suggesting that car drivers would rather hit a motorcyclist than not? Just wondering...

It doesn't have to be fun to be "fun".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode