Sportbike carrying a mountain bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Sportbike carrying a mountain bike

Okay,I've seen some interesting things on motorcycles,but,this was one of the more interesting items I have seen on the back of a bike. I was out riding today on a stretch of four lane highway and saw this headed the other way.
The bike in question looked like a yellow TL1000r.
The guy had his mountain bike with him mounted length-wise behind him. The front wheel was kinda over his head,but behind him. The bicycle was at an angle front wheel higher than the rear. All of this was done, like I said, length-wise,parallel to the motorcycles frame.
Has any one seen this also??
I guess if he gets a flat tire he's in fairly good shape!!

JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 05:11 PM
Founder

I have a friend who (About 3-4 years ago) used to pull his Jet Ski and trailer behind his CBRF2. Looked funny as hell.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2001, 05:30 PM

That's the reason Honda made the Gold Wing. Haul the bicycles, kids, well you name it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2001, 04:11 AM
Pete

Yep.

I have a friend who carried his mtn bike to work on the back of his VFR on a daily basis, to ride on his lunch break. Looked pretty odd. The rack held the bicycle by it's front fork, with the front wheel removed, and the back of the bike sticking almost straight up. He stopped after the added stress caused his rear subframe to crack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode