Damn Tom Cruise... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Damn Tom Cruise...

Okay, soo I went with my friend (female) yesterday to get her hair cut, while I was waiting, I started looking thru an Enquirer, and I see an article about Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, well I flip the page, and there he is on a MV Agusta F4 screaming around an airport with some other guy on a Ducati, neither of these two idiots have any gear on, and the guy on the Duc is wearing boat shoes and no socks! I dont really like Tom Cruise in the 1st place, but this makes me hate him. I hope he has a high speed get off!!

"Hey look at me, I'm cool like Tom Cruise cause I dont wear any gear when I ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:08 AM
Squidwannabe

Agreed. Not a good image to portray.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:11 AM

What do you expect from a guy who is used to going mach 2 with his hair on fire. (I mean before he married Nicole )

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:29 AM

Angry

Remember Top Gun. He wasnt wearing any gear when he went flying across the hill on that bike either.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 10:51 AM

The latest ad I saw for GEICO had a cartoon picture of a guy on a sportbike (looked like a late '90's ninja) wearing no gloves, open faced helmet w/o glasses (if i remember right), jeans, sneakers, a 50's style cruiser jacket (all zippers & buttons), and to top it all off he had on a Fonzy scarf. Now for an insurance company you would think they would be a little more conservative than that, I would expect full leathers, boots, gloves, and full face helmet. I mean an open face helmet is bad enough but no eye protection on top of that!?!?? No Gloves?!?? I'm guessing the guy drawing the picture has never gotten a pebble or bee to the finger at 70 before. Oh well, just rambling I guess.

Whoops...my mistake, just saw the ad again and he was wearing a full-face helmet. All other stuff was still missing though.

Last edited by Spunky; 07-07-2001 at 09:42 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 12:11 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
The latest ad I saw for GEICO had a cartoon picture of a guy on a sportbike (looked like a late '90's ninja) wearing no gloves, open faced helmet w/o glasses (if i remember right), jeans, sneakers, a 50's style cruiser jacket (all zippers & buttons), and to top it all off he had on a Fonzy scarf. Now for an insurance company you would think they would be a little more conservative than that, I would expect full leathers, boots, gloves, and full face helmet. I mean an open face helmet is bad enough but no eye protection on top of that!?!?? No Gloves?!?? I'm guessing the guy drawing the picture has never gotten a pebble or bee to the finger at 70 before. Oh well, just rambling I guess.
I know the pic you are talking about an I'm sad to say it's a 98ZX9R. And to top it off my insurance company is Geico.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 12:27 PM

Re: Damn Tom Cruise...

Quote:
Originally posted by TireFryer30th
...I started looking thru an Enquirer...
I don't know...I don't believe everything I read. And I don't believe ANYTHING I read in the Enquirer.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Dad

Re: Damn Tom Cruise...

Quote:
Originally posted by TireFryer30th

"Hey look at me, I'm cool like Tom Cruise cause I dont wear any gear when I ride"
Back in the late '60's and '70's when I started riding we didn't HAVE to wear any gear... but on my motorcycle I always wore jacket, boots, gloves and helmet!

That was when motorcycles were dangerous and sex was safe!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Damn Tom Cruise...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad

That was when motorcycles were dangerous and sex was safe!
LMAO!! Now but now anything you do is dangerous soo might as well live!!

TireFryer
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Damn Tom Cruise...

Quote:
Originally posted by carvinfool

I don't know...I don't believe everything I read. And I don't believe ANYTHING I read in the Enquirer.
But...I didnt read it, it was a picture. I just looked at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode