Did you get your money's worth? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Did you get your money's worth?

I've heard that you get what you pay for. If this is true, is the R1 really thousands of dollars better than the FZ1? How about the ZX-12R v. the ZX-12 standard? It's hard for me to believe with all the fantastic reviews the new naked bikes have been getting that a sport bike of the same size would be worth the extra CA$H. Is this the case? I'm dying to know!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 12:50 PM

If you like naked bikes then Hell no the fully faired version is not worth is for street riding. IMO
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 05:39 PM

I love having a naked bike and everyone that I talk to seems to like its looks. I like the FZ1 but I'm wondering if the hardcore sportbikers really accept naked bikes as sportbikes.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f_a_s_t_l_a_n_e
I love having a naked bike and everyone that I talk to seems to like its looks. I like the FZ1 but I'm wondering if the hardcore sportbikers really accept naked bikes as sportbikes.

I was also wondering the same thing.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 07:32 PM

Re: Did you get your money's worth?

Quote:
Originally posted by GixxerSixxer
If this is true, is the R1 really thousands of dollars better than the FZ1? How about the ZX-12R v. the ZX-12 standard?
Do you meanthe ZRX1200R instead of ZX-12 standard? I've never heard of a ZX-12 standard before.

If you are however speaking of a ZRX1200R, I don't think you can draw comparisons to the ZX-12R. Unlike the FZ-1, which is based on the R1, the ZRX shares next to nothing, and is not related to the ZX-12 in any way.....as far as I know.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001, 07:53 PM

I'm not sure about getting your money's worth. Price is a relative thing when it comes to something you want. I can say that I was able to ride an SV650 while at the Honda Hoot in Knoxville, TN a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!! I have heard alot of great things about the SV but didn't realize it would be such a blast. It handled great, was extremely light and had good power.

Geez......I can't believe I have such good things to say about a bike that's not green!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 10:53 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by f_a_s_t_l_a_n_e
but I'm wondering if the hardcore sportbikers really accept naked bikes as sportbikes.
When a "hardcore sportbiker" on an R1 gets his ass whooped by a rider on an FZ1, then he'll accept it.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 11:43 AM

Lightbulb

I like the looks of my naked bike all except for the front, it's not aggressive enough.

Now is there a difference between a naked streetbike with the little half fair and one without.

On the bandit forum naked means the one without the little fairing but I believe when you classify bandits in general they are all considered naked streetbikes with or without the small fairing.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 09:20 PM

Re: Re: Did you get your money's worth?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hysyde

Do you meanthe ZRX1200R instead of ZX-12 standard? I've never heard of a ZX-12 standard before.

If you are however speaking of a ZRX1200R, I don't think you can draw comparisons to the ZX-12R. Unlike the FZ-1, which is based on the R1, the ZRX shares next to nothing, and is not related to the ZX-12 in any way.....as far as I know.
The ZRX1200r is basically a punched out ZRX1100. The ZRX1100 motor is based on the ZX-11 Ninja. The cams, carbs, etc for the ZX-11 can be are directly installed to the ZRX. Remember, the ZX-11 was the speed champion for years.

Not sure what all they changed for the ZRX1200. They got rid of the cylinder sleeves and electroplated the cylinders for one.

The ZRX is a great bike. Had a ZRX1100 before I got the 12R
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 09:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Did you get your money's worth?

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric00zx12r
The ZRX is a great bike. Had a ZRX1100 before I got the 12R
Which bike do you prefer?

I knew the ZRX1200r was a decendant of the ZX-11, but I wasn't sure how much the ZX-12R had in common with the ZX-11 and therefore the ZRX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode